Software Engineer, Backend
Palo Alto , CA 94301
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lumi Labs is an early-stage technology start-up founded by Marissa Mayer and Enrique Muoz Torres, based in downtown Palo Alto. We are focused on building consumer applications enabled by artificial intelligence.
We are looking for engineers with an entrepreneurial mindset. As an early team member, we want people who are excited to prototype end-to-end applications with very little formal direction. If working in a fast-paced environment where you will play a key role both in experimentation and in implementation sounds interesting to you, please consider applying!
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- We are hiring at a broad range of levels. Applicants with less than two years of full-time experience, please apply to Software Engineer, Recent Graduate
- Interest in the consumer space, willingness to roll-up sleeves and do hands-on development on day one
- Proficiency in one strongly-typed language (e.g. C++, Java, Scala, etc.) and one scripting language required. You should be willing to learn new technologies if needed
- Experience with quick prototyping and working through ambiguities. We are defining our product specs through innovation and improvisation from every member of team
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to think critically about products and to shape technical and product strategy
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Must be able and willing to lawfully work out of our downtown Palo Alto, California office