Software Developer/Programmer (Java)
Vancouver , WA 98660
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Flux is currently seeking a Software Programmer 3 to join our project team onsite with our client in Vancouver, WA. This position assists in interpreting design specifications, assisting in technical design, coding software and following test and deployment procedures, complying with project documentation requirements and working on a development team using a mix of development methodologies including Agile. This position will support one or more teams as a software developer.
Position Responsibilities include:
- With manager oversight and approval:*
- Develop on Windows systems.
- Design, document, and communicate effective technical solutions for programs or applications meeting end-user requirements.
- Design, develop, test and deploy Java applications.
- Design, develop, test and deploy n-tier web and client-server applications.
- Design, develop, test and deploy User Interfaces.
- Work collaboratively with users and IT staff to design streamlined and efficient user interfaces.
- Develop code in accordance with the system requirements.
- Identify or resolve problems in applications at all system tiers (Application, Server, Database, Network)
- Troubleshoot performance and interoperability problems between desktop applications, servers and databases.
- Participate in creation of implementation strategy and plan.
- Participate in creation and review of implementation deliverables.
- Actively participate and assist in the day-to-day implementation schedule preparation.
- Actively participate in the implementation activities.
- Leverage automated testing to consistently deliver reliable, high-quality code.
- Participate in developing unit and functional test plans.
- Design, develop and conduct automated unit and regression tests.
- Document and implement software deployment procedures, leveraging existing control center tools and creating custom solutions as needed;
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment while following established change management procedures and requirements.*
- When needed, provide technical expertise to support the following:
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates to complete them.
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical and constructive feedback where necessary to verify that their code follows and team coding standards and programming best practices.
- Communicate status of project development work to project team, users, information system owner and others.
- Analyze and interpret system functional and non-functional requirements and propose technical designs that satisfy the requirements that also minimize the long-term maintenance of the system.
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager, information system owner (ISO), and ISO delegate.
- Produce needed technical documentation.
- Mentor and assist other team members in the Java development language.
- Produce robust, efficient, and secure Java code for applications that interact with end users in high availability environments.
- Participate in creating team resources and reusable code libraries.
- Participate in developing technical, user documentation, and training materials.
- Work collaboratively with users and technical staff to design streamlined user interfaces.
- Develop Web pages incorporating interactive elements using Java, XML or Active X.
- Collaborate with software developers, testers and users throughout the System Development Life Cycle.
- Productively integrate with an existing Agile development team.
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
· Support Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) standards and North American Electric Reliability Corporation critical infrastructure protection (NERC-CIP) compliance when performing assigned work.
Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Post-Graduate College Degree in Computer/Information Technology or a closely-related discipline is preferred.
- This is a level 3 position: 7+ years combination of education, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field is required. Each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience. Note: Equivalent related degrees will only count once. For example: A candidate with two Associate degrees in different Computer/Information Technology disciplines, will only be given credit for 2 years of experience.
- 7 years’ experience or skill in applying the following:
- Java SE/EE experience with emphasis on:*
- Java 7 or higher.
- Java Messaging Services (ActiveMQ or similar).*
- Experience with:
- Eclipse (Ideally 3.4 or higher)
- Junit or other unit test framework
- Ant or similar build tool
- Database Access (Hibernate ORM (or similar JPA based ORM)).
- Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- 5 years experience using MySQL and/or SQL Server.
Flux Resources, LLC is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.