Dallas , TX 75201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Local candidates highly preferred!
UWorld is a worldwide leader in online test prep practice question banks. Since 2003, over a million students have trusted us to help them prepare for high-stakes examinations.
We are seeking a Software Developer who is passionate about creating an excellent user experience and enjoy taking on new challenges. This front-end developer will be responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of our Test Prep applications.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign academic equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating ability to articulate ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively within a changing environment that is going through high growth
- Ability to understand direction and feedback
- Exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and the desire to make a difference
The Software Developer will perform the following duties:
- Develop and test end-to-end web applications (from prototype to deployment) or contribute to the development of existing web applications in terms of new feature enhancements
- Develop, enhance or rebuild responsive UWorld web portal to enhance user purchase experience, highlight product features, provide client (end-user) support or any other functionality vital for an efficient ecommerce transaction.
- Build responsive user interface (UI) screens that scale across all devices (Phone, Tablet and Computer).
- Employ best practices for code sharing and development to ensure common code base abstraction across all applications.
- Consume/Develop REST and/or SOAP services to provide interactive experience for end user with real-time data related to test preparation and e-commerce activities.
- Work with QA engineers to ensure quality and reliability of all apps by process of continuous improvement.
- Develop, modify, and test algorithms that can be employed in computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information
- Validate and process all data communication between clients(applications) and server to ensure data integrity and retrieval using RDMS (SQL Server) and/or JSON objects
- Provide mechanism for end users to search product-specific materials and show them in User Interface for review.
- Display data received from service calls and provide end-user with ancillary features that help in data retrieving, searching and filtering.
- Review the bug report compiled by customer care team and the priority set by Sr. Software Engineer to fix them.
- Collaborate with other developers, engineers, and subject matter experts in maintaining existing web applications and website portal and to build new application prototypes
- Create digital wireframes using Visual Studio, marvelapps or proto.io for new features in existing Web apps, web portals (UWorld website, UWorld CMS, UWorld Support) or to document requirements for new/future products.
- Work with a team of software engineers to achieve quality and on-time releases.
- Collaborate with technical architects, product leads, QA team and customer care team to drive new enhancements or fix bugs in a timely manner.
- Involve in discussions related to new app development or application prototype for future UWorld products or any related web portals.
- Ensure continuous product improvement via user feedback and platform-based research. Also ensure consistent functionality across all modalities of client-server interaction
- Continuously review other platform specific features (mainly Android and iOS) to see if the same can be implemented in web platform (e.g., Flashcards, Highlights, Strikeout of the contents and saving those user actions at granular level for future reference).
- Understand the cross-platform functionality support so all applications provide consistent user experience.
- Learn from Sr. Software Engineers on market research in order to provide cutting-edge features to users
- Review end user feedback on a continuous basis to ensure early detection of user concerns as well as gauge product popularity and development direction.
Statement of Supervision:
- Software Developerwill check in with Sr. Software Engineer(s) on weekly basis to provide updates and to report issues or concerns related to application development:
- Update task list periodically (on an as-needed basis) with up-to-date status updates using tools like Visual Studio Team Services, Agile Central, or any other project management tool as indicated by Sr. Software Engineer.
- Incorporate and implement optimizations as suggested by development team and/or Sr. Software Engineer as part of Code Review process.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
- This is a permanent position. No contract employees considered.
- No H1B sponsorship is available
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.