Applied Systems, Inc.
University Park , IL 60484
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a talented Software Developer to join our team. We leverage Agile Scrum methodologies to deliver software applications that revolutionize the global business of insurance. New developers on our team learn our development tools, standards, and processes through a structured training program. Upon completion they will join an Agile Scrum team responsible for delivering on our commitments to our customers and our industry through maintaining and developing innovative software solutions.
We primarily develop using Microsoft technologies like .NET and SQL. Candidates with experience in SQL Programming, VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, Java, C, or C++ should anticipate facing less of a learning curve. However, we are very interested in finding the right team members and believe strongly that talented developers can bridge language or database gaps quickly.
Being accountable to your Agile Scrum Team members and the organization to deliver high quality technical solutions to provide business value
Journey with your team on continual improvement through iterative software development cycles
Develop advanced coding techniques that improve the quality of software written
Collaborate with team members to self-manage business value-based solutions from concept to market
Solicit customer feedback and improvements through participation in Sprint Reviews
QUALIFICAITIONS FOR THIS JOB:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or CIS, or equivalent work experience
Experience or training in industry standard professional development tools (VB.Net, C#, and/or ASP.Net, Java, C, or C++ experience is a plus)
Experience or training in SQL database programming (SQL Server is preferred)
Excellent problem solving skills; strong logical reasoning and solution oriented
Genuine passion for programming
Ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment
Experience or training with Agile Scrum methodology is a plus
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied's people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, implementation and education services, 24x7 technical support, and consulting services that are built specifically for our clients.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted the 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards), the 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Corporate Insider) and are ranked #56 in the Cloud Top 500 report for the largest cloud application vendors in the world (Apps That Run the World).
- GOOGLE'S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,700+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this "Dress for your Day"!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, free bagel and fruit on Tuesdays, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just "another job". Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 14 years!
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the 'Applied Cares' program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors' Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
- Please visit AppliedSystems.com
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.