Phoenix , AZ 85001
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Smile Virtual changes the way dentists connect to clients looking to change their smiles. Weve developed a platform that allows dentists to work with clients in a way that breaks down barriers, creates relationships, and qualifies individuals for procedures ahead of time.
After transforming smiles for many years, we realized that the biggest barrier for patients is that they truly want to improve their smile, but are unsure of the possibilities.
Through a video consultation, Smile Virtual helps potential patients who are looking to improve their smile to receive the cost, time, and procedure details needed to make an appointment. Potential patients will feel empowered to make the change theyve always wanted by being confident that they have all of the information they need to simply begin.
In three easy steps, patients can discover whats possible without ever stepping into a dental office.
The Hard Facts
- Experience: 4+ years Must have experience building applications from the ground up
- Location: Phoenix, AZ (or remote)
- Timeframe: Late August
- Work on a variety of products for web-based startups
- Work closely with product management, designers, and other members of the development team to assist in defining user stories and technical requirements
- Communicate technical capabilities and limitations to non-technical customers
- Define well-organized software architectures and implement with clear, intelligent code
- Share knowledge with other developers and contribute to our development workflow
- Expert in Ruby on Rails
- Intermediate to expert in ReactJSExperience with popular ReactJS workflows (Redux)
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliant database architecture
- Familiarity with TrueVault (nice to have)
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and design patterns (SOA, MVC)
- Strong understanding of TDD concepts as it relates to backend architecture (frontend testing +1 bonus points)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of database design principles (SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Strong understanding of building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools and branching strategies (GitFlow)
- Strong development portfolio with focus on web applications
- Will need to share code with our team and complete small coding project
- Proficient research abilities, referring to official documentation and source code rather than just Stack Overflow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers and other team members
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to prioritize efforts and communicate the "why" of prioritization
- Startup experience
Some of the tools we use
- Pivotal Tracker
- Google Apps
- And of course, your favorite terminal emulator
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organization at the early stages, who already has a track record of success. If you are passionate about working with a small team who is ready for rapid growth, wed love to hear from you!
- Option to work out of office on certain days.
- Audible account to promote learning and education.
- Free dental care.
- Kid/Dog friendly office.
- Travel stipend.
- Extended time off around holidays.
- Health insurance.