POSITION SUMMARY: The Social Worker works under the direction of a physician and Interdisciplinary Team.
He/she functions as an active member of the health team in accordance with the physician's orders and the written plan for care and provides patient services in accordance with the hospice philosophy. He/she assists the Interdisciplinary Team in understanding the significant social, emotional, and cultural factors related to a terminal illness. The SW conducts psychological assessments and evaluations and provides emotional counseling to patients/families.
1.Performs patient psychosocial assessments to augment existing services and contributes to the plan of treatment.
2.Reports changes in the patient's conditions and needs to the RN Case Manager or Clinical Supervisor/ Nursing Supervisor.
3.Observes for safety hazards in the patient's and organization's environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
4.Assists the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's terminal illness.
5.Assesses for suicide risk, mental capacity, child, elder and/or dependent adult abuse and takes appropriate action.
6.Assists in completion of advance directives, mortuary arrangements, and funeral planning or facility placement.
7.Provides assistance to staff and patient/family in ascertaining third party and financial resources and planning for financial coverage for services.
8.Provides information and referral to appropriate community resources and/or legal entities.
9.Advises and counsels hospice staff, patients and families, or community agencies in management of emergency situations/crises.
10. Provides consultation and education to community to increase knowledge related to the hospice and serves as information source and education resource person to community, agency personnel and volunteers as appropriate.
11. Adheres to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct in the performance of his/her duties.
12. Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops.
13. Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
14. Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
15. Complies with Hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
16. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Master's Degree from a school accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education. 2.
L.C.S.W. preferred, but not required.3. Clinical experience relevant to the psychosocial needs of patients and families. 4. Knowledge of psychosocial theories and use of psychosocial treatment techniques. 5.
Knowledge of beliefs and practices of cultures related to death and dying. 6. Excellent oral and written communication skills. 7. Ability to work with dying patients and their families. 8.
Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team. 9. Valid Driver's License and auto insurance.10. Current CPR Certification
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 284260
Center Name: Milford Center
Genesis Healthcare LLC