Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Social Work Supports Coordinator - Washtenaw / Monroe Counties
Milan , MI 48160
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Social Work Supports CoordinatorOrganization: Area Agency on Aging 1-B (non-profit)
Dept. / Program: Clinical Operations / MI Choice Program
Location: Community Based - Washtenaw / Monroe Counties (Headquarters in Southfield, MI)AAA 1-B makes the commitment to positively impact the health and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities, and caregivers. The goal of our staff is to lead efforts within the six counties that we serve to achieve their highest quality of life through teamwork, integrity and respect. We offer the following opportunity to serve:JOB DESCRIPTION:DESCRIPTION:
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Social Worker Supports Coordinator will:
- Use person centered principles to assess the medical, functional, psychological, financial, and environmental needs of potential Community Support Services participants.
- Work with the participant (and his/her selected designee) to develop a person centered plan; assist and support the participant to manage their care needs.
- Monitor and reassess participants and quality assurance activities.
- Accommodate daytime, evening and weekend hours when needed by the department.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Social Work & LLBSW OR Masters Degree in Social Work & LLMSW.
- Will consider Social Workers with0 or more years of experience great opportunity for training and growing on the job; SWSC will be considered for promotion after becoming a Licensed Professional.
- Experienced candidates will have done prior work in psycho-social assessment or home care and/or worked with a similar target population; volunteer experience also beneficial.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability and knowledge of LTC programs, eligibility requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a community-based setting, independently with little direct supervision of daily duties.
- Strong computer skills required in MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook; will test.
- Valid drivers license required; will travel within a geographic regionutilizing own reliable transportation.
WHAT DOES THE AREA AGENCY ON AGING 1-B OFFER THAT OTHER EMPLOYERS MAY NOT?YOU do the comparison; AAA 1-B SW Supports Coordinators / Care Management:
- are local and community-based with a flexible schedule
- are scheduled for a 37.5 workweek and have evenings and weekends free
- are independent and manage their own schedules
- receive training and coaching on a regular basis
- have awesome benefits with minimal cost (some are 100% company paid)
- receive generous vacation time and sick time in 2 separate banks
- have 12 paid holidays
- can participate in a 401(k) Plan
- may participate in special Wellness Incentives
- receive mileage reimbursement
- physical demands of the position are lighter with care management roles
- work with nice people who support the mission of the Agency
Our recruiting team would love to hear from you today!
Please complete our on-line application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.