Social Media Manager, Editorial
Jersey City , NJ 07097
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the worlds biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Forbes is looking for a Social Media Manager to join the social media team in our Jersey City, NJ, office. The position, reporting into the Director of Social Media, will work across the company with various stakeholders to execute social strategy, be a thought leader, and thrive as one of the organizations social media experts. In addition to joining a high performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and pursue passion projects
- Career Development: Formal mentorship program, industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities
- Work/life balance: Flexible work schedule and work from home policy, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, regular group outings, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
This candidate will be responsible for overseeing a team as well as managing day-to-day strategy. Previous management experience is required in order to be considered for this role.Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic planning and creative campaign ideation for editorial launches and virtual/live events across all social media accounts.
- Work cross functionally between design, edit, video, affiliate marketing and other key teams to lead multi-platform social media marketing campaigns
- Serve as an audience ambassador to the newsroom, providing Forbes social community feedback and best practices
- Partner with the Corporate Communications team to align on promotion of launches, events, and breaking news.
- Consult, in partnership with the Director of Social Media, across licensees, Forbes Marketplace, and other new ventures seeking social media guidance.
- Work with Social Media Analyst to ensure that daily posting is on trend, historical data is proactively researched prior to large launches, and that our tagging system in Sprinklr is up-to-date.
- Manage and monitor BOT integration across social platforms in collaboration with our product team.
- Work with sales teams to ensure theyre aware of new initiatives to include in pre-sale presentations.
- Present on social media best practices, quarterly, to our group of contributors.
- Lead and mentor 3 social editors who manage all Forbes social media channels and off-domain content.
- 5-7 years editorial experience, preferably in a newsroom setting
- 2+ years managing a team of at least two
- Ability to balance multiple competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- Creative thinker with impeccable communication skills and team-management skills; can collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Fluent across all social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Knowledge of analytics platforms: Native Insights, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Looker
- Familiar with Slack, Asana, and various project management tools
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Ability to work nights and weekends, sporadically