Assist with answering telephones, filing correspondence, movie ticket and event sales, registration for SLI events, and running errands on campus. 2.Maintain scheduled office hours and assist with the daily office operations of office 3.Type correspondence, entering data/computing. 4.Promote campus events through tabling, posting flyers, and grassroots efforts as an ambassador of SLI. 5.Assist with large events planned by the SLI including set-up, break-down, coordination and implementation. 6.Conduct proactive outreach to gain student involvement and to distribute information throughout the university. 7.Print and distribute hard copies of postings to building lobbies, bulletin boards, and mailboxes for the residence halls. 8.Provide assistance with event planning including room reservations, AV and facilities requests, catering orders and event logistics. 9. Support a variety of SLI events.
Provide a high level of customer service when interacting with students, staff, faculty, community partners, or the general public.
Maintain a confidential work environment.
Read and respond to emails sent to email@example.com.
Maintain responsible use of Student Staff Credit Card and submit monthly expense reports.
VIEW JOBS1/19/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-04-18T00:00This is a dual role that combines office management and administrative support for a self-starter who enjoys creating processes, managing logistics, and supporting an energetic team of investment professionals and who is committed to creating and nurturing a culture of continuous improvement.
As Office Manager of a small office, manage and maintain the facility, schedule conference room usage, and interface with property management, building engineers, and building security. Head the local crisis management team and serve as a resource to staff for safety, security, emergency response, and emergency preparedness. Participate in cross-department and cross-office initiatives. Identify and implement technology and other solutions that improve service and support.
As a Senior Administrative Assistant, perform a wide variety of administrative functions to support a small team of Investment Directors and Investment Associates including managing multiple calendars, supporting meetings, conducting research, creating materials, arranging travel, preparing correspondence, and doing special projects.
* Create systems to manage conference room usage by local and visiting staff, clients, and investment managers.
* Purchase miscellaneous furniture and accessories.
* Purchase and maintain small office equipment.
* Develop vendor relationships for cleaning, maintenance, and repair.
* Head the local crisis management team and serve as a resource to staff for safety, security, emergency response, and emergency preparedness.
* Work closely with Investment Directors to manage their workdays including:
* Manage calendars including scheduling internal and external meetings among multiple participants with demanding schedules.
* Make complex and detailed travel arrangements using travel agency and Concur.
* Manage multiple tasks with a high degree of efficiency and handle confidential information with discretion.
* Arrange catering as needed.
* Schedule investment manager meetings involving coordination with meeting planners.
* Ensure that technology is appropriate and functional for meetings, conference calls, and videoconferences.
* Prepare timesheets, expense reports, and Amex statements.
* Print exhibits, manager comments, manager quarterly letters, and factsheets.
* Input notes into CRM program and pull information for meeting prep.
* Respond to requests for information by conducting internet and corporate intranet research.
* Prepare materials for yearly conferences and speaking engagements.
* Type, revise, edit, and proofread documents and prepare materials for client books.
* Perform clerical tasks such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, printing, mailing, sorting mail, creating and maintaining files.
* Answer/screen calls and interact with clients to fulfill requests.
* Provide administrative assistance to Investment Associates as needed.
* Greet and welcome visitors.
* 4 or more years of administrative/secretarial experience.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and experience with Adobe Acrobat.
* Punctual, dependable, professional.
* In-depth knowledge of administrative procedures and tools.
* Proven time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure with rapidly changing priorities.
* Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making capabilities.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to use resources efficiently and effectively.
* Excellent writing and proofreading skills with an emphasis on accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
* Strong verbal and listening skills.
* Eagerness to learn and ability to work independently while being a team player.
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience
Cambridge Associates LLCNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS1/18/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-04-17T00:00<p>Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.</p> <p>Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.</p> <p><strong>Paxful teams tend to have:</strong></p><ul> <li> <strong>An open mind:</strong> We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.</li> <li> <strong>A proactive attitude:</strong> We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.</li> <li> <strong>Accountability:</strong> As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.</li> <li> <strong>Self-direction: </strong>We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.</li> <li> <strong>An adaptive mindset:</strong> We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.</li> <li> <strong>Passion: </strong>We feel driven by being part of the mission.</li> </ul> <p><strong>Sound like a fit?</strong></p><p>We are looking for an Office Assistant who will be responsible for maintaining and improving our day to day office operations and the unique Paxful culture. Working with the People Operations team at the New York office, you will be handling Paxful's growth from a logistical perspective and ensuring smooth operations in the office by partnering with various departments. You will be involved in creative projects such as planning and organizing in-office activities, outings, and various company events.</p><p>The People Operations team is comprised of friendly and supportive good doers, that sit in the New York, Tallinn, Manila, and Hong Kong offices. They love automating tasks and processes as much as possible, and using state of the art information systems to keep everything on track. They are also deeply committed to engaging the employees globally, and always come up with original ideas for events, campaigns, and other fun initiatives.</p><p><strong>What you'll be doing:</strong></p><ul> <li>Serve as the point person for office management duties including building maintenance, facility correspondence, sending and retrieving postage, and ordering supplies and equipment</li> <li>Maintain partnerships with property management vendors</li> <li>Organize lunch and dinner catering daily</li> <li>Maintain office conditions and arrange necessary repairs or installations</li> <li>Partner with People Operations to update and maintain office policies as necessary, and other office and operational related ad hoc duties</li> <li>Organize office operations and procedures</li> <li>Coordinate with the IT department on all office equipment orders and updates</li> <li>Partner with Finance to ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time</li> <li>Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office leasers</li> <li>Manage office budget to ensure accurate and timely reporting</li> <li>Provide general support to visitors</li> <li>Assist in the on-boarding process for new hires</li> <li>Address employee inquiries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)</li> <li>Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services</li> <li>Lead our initiatives for a collaborative work environment and in boosting morale</li> <li>Analyze office conditions and make recommendations on how to improve overall productivity</li> <li>Collaborate and coordinate among our global office teams to ensure fluidity in process</li> <li>Creatively observe employee milestones</li> <li>Plan in-house or off-site activities such as parties, celebrations, and conferences</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p><strong>What you’ll bring to this role:</strong></p><ul> <li>1 year of proven experience as an office manager, receptionist, front office attendant, or administrative assistant</li> <li>High school diploma, GED, or equivalent</li> <li>Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures</li> <li>Experience with task management, project management, and various collaboration software (Trello, Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, Microsoft Office suite)</li> <li>Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work</li> <li>A creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements</li> <li>Understanding of basic property management procedures</li> </ul><p><strong>Ideally, you’ll also have:</strong></p><ul> <li>Attention to detail and problem solving skills</li> <li>Attentive and thoughtful in providing solutions with a very DIY attitude</li> <li>Ability to assess and adapt thoughtfully to environmental changes</li> <li>A friendly, outgoing, approachable, and patient demeanor that will help to facilitate a collaborative space</li> <li>Excellent written and verbal communication skills</li> <li>Experience from a start-up or high-growth company</li> <li>Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment</li> <li>Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p><strong>Perks:</strong></p><ul> <li>Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision</li> <li>Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks</li> <li>Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions</li> <li>Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions</li> <li>Training and professional development resources</li> <li>Paid company events and retreats</li> <li>Generous paid time off</li> <li>Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn</li> <li>Commuter benefits</li> <li>401(k) with company matching</li> <li>Accessible office in the Flatiron District</li> <li>Flexible hours</li> </ul>PaxfulNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS1/17/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-04-16T00:00Hilton Midtown- Assistant Front Office Manager
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton Millennium place in the heart of beautiful downtown, and can be your next career advancement.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will assist in supervising the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. An Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Assist the Front Office Manager to oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
* Assist the Front Office Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
* Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognized and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand's loyalty scheme
* Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
* Assist the Front Office Manager with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
* Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
* Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
* Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
* Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
* Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Front Office Manager, and produce minutes
* Assist the Front Office Manager with staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Assist the Front Office Manager with recruiting, managing, training and developing the Front Office team
* Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years of previous front office supervisory experience and union exposure. This person reports to the Assistant Director of Office Operations.
Assistant Front Office Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
* Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail
* High level of IT proficiency
* High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Accountable and resilient
* Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent grooming standards
* Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
* Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Hilton WorldwideNew York CityNY