Kreher Family Farms
Wolcott , NY 14590
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position effectively and efficiently manages Production, Pullet, Feed Mill, Processing, Technical, Compost, and Maintenance areas of our poultry farm in Wolcott, NY.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversees all Wayne County Egg's egg division farm operations and employees.
- Support and assist VP Production & Processing with planning, reporting, labor budgets, daily operation expenses, payroll as well as office work.
- Organize and prepare for annual regulatory audits (SQF, UEP and FDA).
- Continually develops knowledge of Farm operations to ensure best practices are being utilized in each area to eliminate re-work, waste while exceeding expectations.
- Identify and address Farm issues and communicate with VP of Production and Processing along with other Kreher managers to resolve problems.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to customer concerns; troubleshoots problems, develops a plan of action, and communicates solutions to interested parties (senior management, etc.)
- Ensures Farm tasks are prioritized and completed efficiently and within the required time.
- Maintains two-way communication with other managers to share knowledge and ideas.
- Communicates and explains company vision to employees, and maintains and encourages two-way communication by reaching out and getting to know each individual on the team.
- Continually develops knowledge of department management, diversity, retention, development, and communication skills.
- Ensures employees have up-to-date performance reviews and receive feedback that is fair, accurate, and helps them do their jobs better.
- Provides resources to enable employees to work effectively.
- Acts as a team player (supports and encourages co-workers); treats management, co-workers, and employees with respect.
- Has hiring and terminating responsibilities. Encourages managers to cross train employees within departments.
- Understands and ensures employees comply with Krehers Policies and Work Rules, as well as federal and state laws and regulations.
- Can be counted on to meet or exceed standards in the tasks performed for the Farm without sacrificing quality or personal safety, and encourages other Farm employees to do the same.
- Work with Safety Manager to ensure employees comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Shares results with employees and ensures recognition of individual and team achievements, as well as provides specific informal and formal feedback to employees in a timely fashion.
- Lives the Kreher Shared Values
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant leadership experience required
- Successful track record working with agricultural business and people relationships
- Strong overall Management and Leadership skills
- High Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Innate ability to work effectively with people, and to make the whole team stronger than the sum of their skills and talents
- Very strong delegation and organizational skills
- Strong labor planning and budgeting skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of New York State agricultural/farming regulations and standards
- General knowledge of the regulations and standards for Safe Quality Foods, OSHA, HAACP, and USDA
- Uncompromising ethics and integrity
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development
- Friendly and unique farm atmosphere on a grand scale!
- Medical, dental, vision along with other supplemental benefits
- 401k plan with company contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Free farm fresh eggs!