Tucson , AZ 85701
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have partnered with a large Aerospace company in the Tucson, AZ area to provide them with a Simulation Engineer - Aerospace.
Please review the below description and if you are interested please contact:
- Vahidin Topcagic at email@example.com, 314-853-6670
Responsibilities of the Simulation Engineer:
- The Engineering Fellow Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer will act as a strategic leader who thinks about where a program or product line is heading or needs to go while considering the technical aspects of how to get us there. The Fellow must then drive the execution of that strategy across multiple programs.
- Strong advocate for technical integrity of modeling, simulation, and analysis products across multiple programs and product lines.
- Technical lead in a team environment on diverse projects, providing independently determining approaches and solutions to create high fidelity simulations and models for missile system design, performance assessment, flight test support, trade studies and analysis.
- Mentors at least 3 engineers formally and much more informally.
- Works independently or through the leadership of teams to solve the hardest Modeling/Simulation/Analysis challenges.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Requirements of the Stimulation Engineer:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math.
- With a Bachelor’s Degree, twelve (12) years’ experience designing and performing analysis with high fidelity performance simulations, using tools for analysis of data sets and applied work experience coding in C/C++ (or other high order languages) and UNIX/Linux based workstations. (With a Masters’ Degree, 10 years of performance simulation experience and 8 years with a Ph.D.)
- Recognized technical authority in modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Well known with established relationships in the industry.
- The ideal candidate will be viewed as an expert and serve as a consultant to the organization in determining and developing required technologies to achieve organizational growth objectives in the area of modeling & simulation, algorithm development, or performance-related analysis.
- High level of analytical ability to drive technical solutions.
- Author of intellectual property (patent disclosures) or conference/journal publications in a modeling, simulation, or analysis technical area within the past ten (10) years.
- Proven knowledge of fundamental concepts, with a high level of analytical ability to drive technical solutions.
- Ability to actively participate in the definition of team objectives and provide solutions to complex technical tasks.
- Demonstrated engineering support for programs through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers.
- A strategic leader who does not operate in a silo, but can think about where a program or product line is heading or needs to go, while considering the technical aspects of how to get us there.
- Mentor, champion of respect, diversity and ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with internal and/or external customers and team members.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (relocation package available).
Experience and Skills desired for the Simulation Engineer:
- Complementary expertise in the areas of signal processing, guidance navigation & control, or hardware design and test.
- Business development experience including technical and cost proposal preparation.
- Program management experience and familiarity with defense product lifecycles.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math.
- Current Secret or Top Secret Department of Defense Clearance. This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Benefits of the Stimulation Engineer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation Assistance
- Work/Life Balance