Shipping Clerk (Second Shift) - Pittstown, NJ
Garden State Growers
Pittstown , NJ 08867
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Garden State Growers is a family-owned greenhouse and outdoor production operation on over 500 acres specializing in the growth and distribution of wholesale perennials, annuals, ground cover, vegetables, and varied seasonal offerings. We serve large retailers who sell plants in sizable quantities, as well as garden centers, supermarkets and small retail businesses.
We are currently seeking a Shipping Clerk to assist the Shipping department with maintaining and updating all shipping documents, processing paperwork, handling dispatch, clerical and various customer service duties. In this role you will need to be a proactive go-getter, able to handle a fast-paced environment. This is a second shift postion.
- Assist with completion, distribution and filing of all documentations related to the Shipping department, including but not limited to: driver payroll, DOT regulations, claims, rental agreements and driver delivery and rack return documents.
- Handle dispatch.
- Routing deliveries with routing software.
- Comfortable with using computer programs to schedule, assign and track product and equipment.
- Manage phones and emails, fielding complaints and resolving issues as they arise.
- Coordinate and communicate with necessary parties regarding delivery delays.
- Track shipments and communicate status with Shipping team.
- Arrange with the maintenance team any necessary repairs on Fleet vehicles.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Establish clear and working communication lines between the sales, scanning/staging, loading and receiving departments to ensure flawless and consistent flow between all parties.
- Data entry.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work additional weekday hours and Saturdays to meet the demands of the business during the busy season.
- Must be able to work second shift.