Shift Supervisor - Night Shift - Full Benefits - 10% Shift Premium
FPM Heat Treating
Cherry Valley , IL 61016
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Supervises and coordinates heat treat activities and personnel during assigned periods.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and assignments, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions, and trains assigned associates.
- Assigns job duties and tasks, and examines work product for uniformity, neatness and conformance to specifications, procedures and policies logging non-conformance.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiencies of the department.
- Makes sure promise list is scheduled and met.
- Maintains teamwork environment maintaining open lines of two-way communications and expedites problem solving.
- Prepares composite reports form from individual reports from associates.
- Assists associates in performing job duties and task as needed.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment for assigned work areas and departments.
- Provides technical support to associates.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. One to three years supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
3. One to five years heat treat or other technical work experience preferred.
4. Must be able to pick-up, shift or move parts or loads up to 55 lbs in weight.
5. Must be able to communicateread, write and speakin English; bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
General math skills required for furnace set-ups.
- Must use common sense and capable of making quick, informed decisions.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able and willing to lead, manage and supervise associates in accomplishing the stated goals and objectives.
- Successful incumbent must be a self-starter who is aggressive yet personable and willingly accepts responsibility.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- General working environment for a heat treating operation with heat and noise exposure.
- Must able to lift up to 55 pounds.
FPM is a leading provider of heat treat processes serving the Greater Midwest Region for over 35 years. FPM has grown to be one of the nation's largest commercial heat treating companies.
FPM offers a wide variety of heat treating processes; serving the needs of over 3,000+ customers and meeting the most challenging OEM and Military-Aerospace specifications. We serve all segments of the Greater Midwest manufacturing community including; automotive, construction and agricultural equipment, appliances and consumer products, general construction fasteners and building products, machinery components and tooling.
We have developed a strong niche in providing outsourced heat treating to many companies that previously operated their own internal heat treat operations. These undertakings have involved entire operations, as well as, providing a significant source of back-up/over-flow heat treating capacity.