Newport Beach , CA 92663
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job SummaryIf you enjoy working nontraditional hours in an active and challenging environment to ensure people and machinery are all performing at the highest level, we hope you will join our team as a shift leader. You will be responsible for inspiring your team to meet production goals while maintaining safety and quality control during every shift. We encourage our shift leaders to innovate and create solutions to improve production processes and efficiency. You will have the chance to train and mentor the members of your team and increase your management experience by creating performance plans and conducting reviews. Join us and become part of a company that truly values your expertise, passion, and work ethic.Job Responsibilities
- Read and understand daily production plan, including measurable goals and benchmarks, and communicate requirements to the production team.
- Manage resources and ensure every station is adequately staffed by the proper number of people with the correct skills and training.
- Oversee all changeover procedures including machine housekeeping functions, line clearing, raw materials storage, and audit processes.
- Ensure production values, standardized work, and quality control requirements are met by each member of your team during every shift.
- Verify proper and efficient operation of all processes by monitoring flow of raw material, inspecting machine parts, and adjusting gauges to follow required parameters.
- Correct problems as needed by working through troubleshooting procedures and engaging maintenance and engineering personnel.
- Complete employee development plans and provide performance reviews as needed for each directly reporting employee as well as monitor and assist in on-the-job training of new personnel.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures including attending safety meetings and amending documented procedures as needed along with ensuring compliance of all team members.
Job Skills & QualificationsRequired
- High school diploma or GED, plus 5 years' related work experience including 2 years in management positions
- Ability to work independently and maintain high ethical standards
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts including nights and weekends
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Basic SAP knowledge