Sheet Metal Fabricator
Firematic Supply Company
Shirley , NY 11967
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Firematic Supply Co. Inc., a well-established family owned business, is seeking an experienced creative Fabricator for its Shirley NY manufacturing facility. Use hand-welding and metal fabrication equipment for the creation and repairing of a wide variety of items created of metal components.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Fabricates variety of metal structures from oral direction, sketches and drawings
- Fabricate and install special projects
- Cut and fit parts
- MIG & TIG, Aluminum, stainless steel & mild steel from sheet metal to structural fabrication.
- Layout, position, align and secure parts prior to assembly
- Operates safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Maintain clean work area and help with keeping the shop clean
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner.
- Must have experience with sheet metal
- Experience with pipe bending is highly preferred
- Ability to TIG aluminum, TIG stainless steel, MIG aluminum and MIG steel
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to make accurate measurement conversions
- Follow blueprints and schematics
- Able to weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions
- Be able to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform professional looking and quality welds
- Must be able to operate shear and brake, horizontal band saw, benchtop disc sander and other fabricating equipment.
- Must have own tools (hand and air)
Firematic offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, 401k, vacation, sick/personal time and 10 paid holidays.