Service System Specialist
Albireo Energy, LLC
Chelmsford , MA 01824
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Basic Purpose of Position:
Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and general servicing of systems. Performs point to point check out to verify that controls systems have been installed properly. Completes assigned system commissioning and performs device verification. Troubleshoots and resolves HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems. Properly completes required project documentation. Responds to service calls. Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
A key member of the Albireo team, the Service System Specialist will be responsible for providing the execution for HVAC Building Automation projects, to include:
- Perform start up, checking, testing, system diagnostics and commissioning from system-level controllers to end devices for small to medium sized new or retrofit projects.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance service activities to ensure optimal performance of system.
- Provide emergency service and response to customer sites as dispatched.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair and/or replace control components and controls systems. Also, the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, HVAC and electrical issues as related to the BAS Control system operation.
- Load and update software on network controllers, field controllers, computers and servers.
- Understand complex control systems including diagnosing and troubleshooting networking and integration.
- Write, create, load, test and commission programming software and graphics utilizing various programming languages and software.
- Perform and execute assigned work efficiently and professionally.
- Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Train the customer in control systems operations including obtaining customer training form, providing training certificates.
- Complete, compile and submit job documentation such as commissioning documentation, punch lists, etc. Mark up controls submittals to capture field changes and discrepancies for engineering to create As-Builts.
- Interface with service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner. Reports problems or changes to management immediately.
- Assist sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads and proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. May assist with job layouts
- Complete and submit timely electronic documentation including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
- Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Requires extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems
- Vocational School four-year program graduate or an Associates degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Degree may be offset by two years of experience in servicing electronic and or mechanical systems.
- Five to seven years of increasingly responsible experience in servicing electronic controls and HVAC equipment. Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Valid Drivers license with a clean record.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match