Service Electrician (2595)
Heidelberg Usa, Inc.
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 3 weeks ago
- Work with the installation team to Install and commission new equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical /electronic problems on Heidelberg Printing Presses, Color Measurement Systems, basic computer networks and Accessories/Peripheral systems, this includes hardware and software.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by Perform troubleshooting, repair and if necessary escalation of ongoing technical issues in a timely manner
- Excellent customer relation skills. This is the most important part of this position
- Troubleshooting and repair of Heidelberg printing presses, Color Measurement systems and Accessories/Peripheral units. Utilizing Electronic testing equipment, wiring diagrams and applications / tools available on the companys laptop (electronic database, Sherlock, Knox2 and other applications). Escalate verbally and Via E Mail difficult to solve problems to the technical support group in a timely manner. Work with the installation team to Install and commission new equipment
- Travel to customer site; arrive in timely manner, prepared for the job. Remember that you are representing the company.
- Ordering parts needed for the job and returning parts after the completion of the job if necessary.
- Read and answer emails in timely manner.
- Prepare job estimates and prepare job reports as needed/requested by engineering department.
- Prepare travel expense reports.
- Associate degree or vocational apprenticeship
- Over 5 years up to and including 7 years of job related work experience, preferably in the print press industry
- Basic personal computer skills
- MS Office: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Must have the ability to understand electrical circuitry, concepts and read wiring diagrams.
- Be able to provide clear and concise reports relating to technical clarification topics.
- After training know how to use Service laptop applications.
- After training know how to use company Smart phone applications.
- Be able to use electronic meters and other electrical testing equipment.
- Be able to use standard tools for example: Hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, etc.
- Ability to use good trouble shooting techniques
- Continually (67 to 100% of time)
- 401(k) Pre-Tax Savings Plan
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans offered
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 9 Company paid holidays
- Sick and Personal paid time off
Heidelberg USA, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, please see attached link:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
ADA: Heidelberg will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act of 1990.
OSHA: Heidelberg provides a workplace free from serious recognized hazards and complies with standards,
rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act. Heidelberg examines workplace conditions to make sure they
conform to applicable OSHA standards. Heidelberg ensures employees have and use safe tools and equipment;
and properly maintain such equipment.
EEO/AA Statement: Heidelberg is committed to providing equal opportunity and valuing diversity in all of our
employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or social or ethnic origin,
citizenship status, sex, pregnancy, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, protected veteran, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other
status in accordance with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Violation of this policy
by any employee regardless of position or title, as determined by the Senior Vice President of Human Resources
and General Counsel, may result in discipline up to and including immediate termination. Please see the legal
postings on the bulletin board for a full list of the protected categories in the state where you work.
Heidelberg USA, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason
prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.