Service Desk Technician
Covenant Transport Services
Chattanooga , TN 37401
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The role provides technical guidance and assistance to the staff, clients or customers. He/She is regarded as a trouble-shooter who understands all types of computer problems and provides technology for the hardware, software and the systems. He/She assures an uninterrupted work process and advises how the output can be maximized. He/She sees to it that there is no technical problem in executing the mission with perfection. The support person is an invariable part of the Covenant Transport Groups Infrastructure Team.
This position reports to the Service Desk Manager and periodically works with all Covenant Transportation Groups Infrastructure staff.
- Installation of computer software and hardware
- Answer technical issues submitted by internal customers such as email, browsing, software access, etc.
- Perform Virus on-demand scanning on customer computers
- Monitor health of computer hardware
- Responsible for Active Directory, TMW Security, AS400 security, Great Plains security, and other application security settings at discretion of Service Desk Manager
- Help to define and execute ongoing customer hardware administration and maintenance plans, procedures, and operations
- Proactively address customer issues via phone, email and trouble ticketing system.
- Install operating systems from CD/Images and PXE boot for laptop, desktop and thin client environment.
- Develop and implement procedures and processes for the customer support operation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Coordinates with other staff to maintain 100% phone coverage during peak business hours.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Required to work a rotating on-call schedule
- Demonstrated knowledge computer hardware repair
- Demonstrated knowledge computer software installation and maintenance (both local clients and terminal server environments)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows operating systems and desktop products.
- Ability to work with hardware/software service and technical support vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years Computer/Software Administrator on a medium sized network of thin client and desktop systems as well as communications devices using current technologies.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification: A+ Certification
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS Office 365, Windows. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Familiarity with support and troubleshooting of personal computers.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Training ability/experience a plus.
- Present a positive image that reflects well on the organization
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
- Be able to perform or assist in root cause analysis of complex problems.
- Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems.
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision.
- Work and communicate with a wide range of people peers, vendors, the public, staff members including program leadership, and others.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Fluency in English.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work requires ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel 5% to 10% to U.S. locations, to conferences and subsidiary companies.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Participate on weekly on-call rotation to support Applications Development and Support staff (must provide means to be reached during on-call rotation cycle)
- 401(k) match, Serious Health Condition Pay
Full Health Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine, Short & Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
- Holidays, Birthday, Wellness Day, Vacation & Sick Time
- Casual Dress, Gym on site*, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discount Program, , Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program & Fun