Service Desk Manager - Apac Shift
Iland Internet Solutions Corporation
Houston , TX 77008
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
iland is looking for a hands-on Service Desk Manager for our Sydney, Australia operations with a proven track record of leading a team of customer-facing, service-focused Technical Support Representatives. This is a high-profile role that will be responsible for managing internal relationships and lead the team to focus on incident management with the Service Desk by applying ITIL Service Management concepts, i.e. Incident and SLA Management, to ensure rapid and successful resolution of issues, availability of support, and reliability of service. In addition, this role will be the initial technical escalation point for the Technical Support Representatives and therefore requires advanced technical skills in the areas of networking, IaaS, BaaS, and DRaaS including virtualization in addition to management capabilities. This is a full-time position based remotely from your home, reporting to the Global Director of Technical Support in our Houston, TX headquarters, and will be required to work Australia timezone hours.
- Oversee 100% of the service requests, incidents and problems occurring within the local coverage area and globally (as required) to include incident creation, incident routing, incident escalation, immediate resolution tasks, and phone/email/chat responses. Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering timely service with a high level of quality.
- Manage ticket queues effectively to prevent aging or breaches of SLA and drive incidents to resolution. Use extreme follow-up skills and methodologies to ensure that incidents are worked in accordance with established processes, policies, and SLAs.
- Act as the initial escalation point for all requests and incidents including technical escalations with the local coverage area and globally (as required). Foster and promote an environment of extreme ownership for all service requests and incidents to ensure customer needs are met and resolutions are within SLA guidelines. Advise upper management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Lead, train, coach, and mentor Technical Support Representatives (Tier 1 and Tier 2) including career development. Manage all staff activities including scheduling, resource availability, and team performance using a wide range of tools and techniques to create and maintain a collaborative, motivated, and positive team atmosphere.
- Provide data and reporting of KPIs and trends to management in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly or as needed in conjunction with the ITSM Manager. Enforce policies and procedures and provide continuous process improvement to lead to faster resolutions while maintaining high quality.
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization and participate in the global management team by openly and actively collaborating across teams and regions. Show willingness to provide and accept critical feedback in the quest for continuous improvement.
- Assist/coordinate with internal IT operations for Sydney office as necessary
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a global technical support group, 4+ years in a management or leadership role
- Formal service management qualifications, i.e. ITIL, virtualization, and networking certifications
- Proven track record of working collaboratively to improve the customers experience across multiple departments and cross functional teams
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with customers, partners, peers, developers, and management across the business at all levels.
- Ability to navigate and translate complex issues in an understandable, organized method which facilitates effective communication.
- Positive team player attitude who does not have thats not my job in their vocabulary.
- Solid understanding and use of various ticketing systems such as Connect Wise and Jira Service Desk as well as Confluence and Jira Project Software.
- Experience in managing a 24/7 service desk within a global organization with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Disciplined, organized, self-motivated, and focused on delivery of results; champions the benefits of controlled processes and standards
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines by using excellent communication skills, displaying high energy and positive attitude with an aptitude for professional growth
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Prior working experience with VMware vSphere environments (vCenter, vCloud Director, VMware Configuration Manager)
- Experience with Windows administration (Server, IIS, SQL, AD, etc.), Linux administration, and cluster management
- Network/firewall administration experience
- Significant technology experience, preferably within Cloud Service Provider organization
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Stock Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
iland has been in business for over 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, UK and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2019
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016-2018
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012