Service Desk Engineer - Tier 2
Burbank , CA 91501
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment, media and post production information technology. Our clients are movie studios, VFX shops and online streaming media companies. We empower creatives to create content.
Our mission is to provide powerful, reliable, and innovative technology services and leadership to creative companies by combining specialized industry expertise with excellence in engineering. Our vision is to expand GPLs presence globally, building an elite force of technology specialists focused on empowering creatives to achieve new heights.
We are in search of a Service Desk Engineer who will be working with a vast and complex array of technologies. We are looking for a proactive, ambitious, hands-on engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
*Please note this position is required to go on site with clients 1-2 times per week*
- Provide front-line phone support to clients via remote assistance and when required, go on-site to resolve issues.
- Perform day to day system administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Networking - troubleshooting firewalls, switch configurations, setting up a network (planning)
- Triage client issues and rapidly resolve or escalate to Project Engineers or Senior Engineers.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction of delivery of services, responses to request, and escalation management.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing self-improvement studies.
- Clearly document actions taken in our ticketing system. Work with senior engineers to ensure client environments are healthy and SLA goals are met.
- Validate backup scripts and data integrity.
- Creation of scripts for automated repetitive processes.
- Assist operations staff with inventory management.
- Active Directory administration, user/group management, GPO, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Networking Firewall rules, switch VLAN and ACL configuration, wireless and troubleshooting.
- Windows/Mac/Linux everyday tasks and endpoint administration.
- Comprehensive Office 365 support abilities.
- VMware and SANs support.
- Virtualized System Administration (knowledge in VMware and Hyper-V).
- Advance experience in working remotely and in person.
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation abilities, writing and communication.
- Utilizes remote monitoring and management tools to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Shows initiative in learning new skills and researching ways to do their job more effectively.
- Basic Media and Entertainment LOB support (Maya, Nuke, Deadline, etc).
- Understands license servers and how to add licenses and reset services.
- Preferred but not mandatory certifications: Microsoft Certifications, Cisco, Red Hat, Linux+, Aerohive ACWA, Aruba ACMA, Palo Alto PCNSE, EMC ISA, Dell Certifications, ITIL Foundation.
- Understanding of Render Farms and Media workflows.
GPL Technologies provides health, dental, vision & life insurance to our full-time employees. We believe in a positive work-life balance and have a very liberal vacation and personal time policy. Our technical staff receives a wide array of technical training from major vendors. And last but not least, you'll be a part of a great team getting hands-on, real-world experience with exciting high-end technology that simply isn't present in most corporate IT environments.