Service Delivery Manager
Woodland Hills , CA 91364
Posted 4 weeks ago
Role: Service Delivery Manager
Woodland Hills, LAType:
Contract or Full Time EmploymentOverview
The Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within the Technologent ESM (Enterprise Services Management) practice that enable the delivery of a high quality service to customers and to ensure Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the customer teams and coordinate the ESM and partner teams to achieve high degree of customer satisfaction and profitable ESM practice.
Maintain high performing service support functions including and ESM and OnePoint services for customer accounts assigned.
The candidate will also contribute to the continued cultivation of best practice methodologies that keep our customers delighted and continuously improve our offerings.Responsibilities:
Skills and Characteristics:
- Service delivery manager oversees the delivery of services and service technology tools to a company's clients or customers.
- The manager works within the established policies and process, and helps improve them, designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitors employees, partners and sub-contractors and evaluates customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Lead a delivery team made up of consultants, company personnel and vendor partners working with client representatives. Oversee the ESM framework and service delivery coordinating partner resources, internal resources and any others that may be necessary for a seamless customer experience including responding to incident, issue and escalations.
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings, in conjunction with Technologent Solutions Assurance Manager and engineering leadership team, covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Ability to serve as player coach: the role will require hands-on technical involvement at times in addition to driving the overall program delivery.
- Identify and document customer business goals and stakeholders. Ensure the creation of an effective adoption strategy that will achieve these goals. Document and communicate success.
- Understand the technical processes required for ESM and OnePoint services, ensuring proper documentation of steps and appropriate timing in mutually agreed upon project plans and over-arching program structure.
- Traditional project duties (with project administration assistance), including:
- Ensure project requirements, which adhere to the SOW, are effectively captured.
- Manage engagement P&L, including subcontractor invoicing and all other costs.
- Collaborate with PMO on creation, management and updates of project schedules, risks, dependencies and critical path. Effectively manage multiple, concurrent sub-projects.
- Manage project scope, change control and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to quality project methodologies.
- Work within PMO guidelines on project documentation repository and change control.
- Demonstrate confidence and authority to client, partners and team members.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all escalations from client, account team, partners, sub-contractors and company leadership.
- Customer Satisfaction
- A key role for the service delivery manager is to constantly assess customer feedback and make necessary improvements.
- Managers is expected to conduct regular evaluations with customers on the phone, via e-mail. Managers will work with account and CS teams, Solutions Assurance manager, and leadership to set customer satisfaction goals and KPIs on various criteria as well as the total customer experience. When scores fall below these thresholds, the manager may conduct additional research and take steps to correct deficiencies.
- Cost and Efficiency
- A fiscal responsibility of the service delivery manager is to ensure delivery processes are efficient and cost effective. To reduce costs and streamline the process without adversely impacting the client experience. Opportunities to eliminate paperwork, unnecessary service steps or non-value-added features fall within the SDM accountability to identify and evaluate for implementation.
- Desire to drive client satisfaction and program success.
- Strategic thinking, planning and execution. Senior-level presence.
- 10 or more years experience with data center operations, implementations, migrations and moves.
- 5+ years of experience modernizing data center operations via Automation and Orchestration using ServiceNow, including to both private and public cloud end-points.
- 7+ years of experience with Managed Services
- Experience with modern data center technologies such as VCE, Dell, EMC, Cisco, Pure, Nutanix, Brocade, and Rubrik, etc. You understand automation and orchestration technologies. Of particular interest are Ansible, Ansible Tower, Morpheus, VRealize Suite, Saltstack, Puppet and Chef.
- Should understand and have implemented modern IT Asset Management and concepts such as CMDB and CIs, Software Asset Management (SAM), Hardware Asset Management (HAM).
- Understand newer frameworks and strategies for effectively managing IT as a Service (ITaaS), or running IT as a business, for example: Technology Business Management (TBM), IT4IT, Service Broker Operating Model, Service Portfolio Management, IT Service Catalog Automation, etc.
- Transformation and change management are areas you understand intuitive
- Superior project management skills. Experience with Workfront or other Cloud-based PM tools is a plus with Sharepoint as well.
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Experienced Service Management professional
- Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines - ITIL experienced and qualified
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
As business needs may change from time to time, it is understood and agreed that Technologent may amend this Job Description from time to time at its discretion and in accordance with its business interests without requiring a written amendment to this document and that any such alteration or change will not constitute a breach or termination of this document.
* "An Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled"
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.