Service Center Manager
Chicopee , MA 01013
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About Merchants Metals
Were one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 38 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
What We Offer
Be part of a Culture that values growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It is our talent that has help made Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Merchants Metals is searching for a dynamic, sales and operations-focused candidate to become a Service Center Manager within our National Distribution network. In this critical role you will direct and manage all facility operations with responsibilities for safety, sales, transactional quality, inventory accuracy, customer service, facility maintenance, employee relations and productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain thorough training, inspection, corrective action and tone focusing on a safe work environment.
- Understand, promote, adopt, and lead the business overall 80/20 philosophy at the Service Center level.
- Consistently recruit, mentor and develop new and existing talent through engaging leadership.
- Elaborate and implement strategies for the development of the Service Center focusing on achievement of local, regional, and organizational goals
- Direct and manage facility operations for sales, customer service, transaction quality, inventory accuracy, facility maintenance, pick, pack, load and logistics.
- Coordinate and measure daily facility activities and functions to insure defined customer service and transaction accuracy metrics are achieved.
- Total P&L responsibility. Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships.
- Maintain accurate and current data files for all SKUs including pricing, stocking levels and re-order logic.
- Create process maps, establish and drive compliance to internal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Measure performance using metrics against pre-defined goals in areas such as safety, transaction accuracy, inventory accuracy, equipment inspection and PM, and all other administrative areas.
- Resolve issues within the paper/product/material flow and implement procedures to ensure that transactions flow accurately 100% of the time.
- Foster alignment with Functional Support Departments.
- Insure proper stocking, movement and loading of material.
- Perform or over-see all administrative duties including but not limited to facility and equipment maintenance and repair, OSHA requirements, control of fuel and P-card purchases.
- Coordinate with functional support departments to drive profitable sales, ensure an efficient and supportive supply chain, develop a productive work-force, and maintain financial accounting integrity.
- Manage equipment and capital asset maintenance.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses but never at the expense of safety.
- Make sure each days transactions are updated in the system the day during which they occur.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Requirements5+ years of management experience in a distribution and services related environment in the fencing, building, construction or related industry preferred.Prior success in sales, sales management and/or customer service with supervisory experience over a team of 4 or more employees.Operations management background preferredProficient with Microsoft OfficeMust be able/willing to travel locally during the business day and overnight periodically.Must be able to periodically sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.