Senior Web Developer
Seattle , WA 98101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently seeking a mid-senior level software engineer with a passion for user experience. In this role you will:
- Write excellent code whether in the web client, the web services, or the application servers / data layer. Your code will follow industry best practices and be easy to maintain with elegant code factoring and clean technical design.
- Build excellent UX that is consistent with the company brand and ecosystem, and advances along with the state of the art of WebUX industry-wide.
- Exhibit a true passion for customer experience. Continually evaluate how you can make their lives simpler and improve product adoption and satisfaction. Take direct action to improve customer experience by fixing bugs and performance issues, improving diagnostics and metrics, investigating customer-reported bugs, and listening to user feedback.
- Thrive in all stages of the UX process from rapid prototyping/iteration to component design and development to polishing and shipping to customers.
- Produce technical designs that properly separate concerns, are scalable under load, call for optimally reusable components, and are properly scoped to the problem youre solving.
- Become an expert in the existing codebase, seamlessly weaving new code into old code to enable new functionality.
- Raise the quality of the team around you through personal mentorship, introducing new standards/best-practices, and hiring.
- Clearly and concisely communicate plans, progress, and status to your stakeholders.
You have a strong track record as a senior web developer; responsible for building and shipping customer-facing software features and UX.
- You have great UX instincts: naturally, identify and prioritize whats important to end users.
- You build very high-quality software. You appreciate having QA check your work, but naturally feel a bit of internal discomfort whenever someone finds a bug you didnt catch yourself.
- You fearlessly debug complex, unfamiliar code to answer: whats really going on?
- Youre a great teammate; others look to you for advice & partnership and you love learning from and teaching your peers.
- You naturally take ownership when you encounter a problem.
- You thrive in an environment of ambiguity - asking the right questions to bring order out of chaos and spread that order to your peers.
- You love to learn new things, become an expert in new areas, nerd-out on cool tech.
- You arent afraid to think big when establishing a vision, but you know how to develop a plan in steps that deliver incremental value without boiling the ocean. You can define good enough for now without giving up the long-term goal or vision.
- You are highly motivated to move quickly and you insist on high standards to deliver great results. You are thoughtful and positively critical of your own work, always looking for ways to improve.
- You are exceptionally well-organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You clearly and concisely communicate complex, nuanced ideas both verbally and in written form.
- You have a 4-year degree in computer science and 5+ years of industry experience.
Technical expertise requirements:
- Expert in scalable, server-side web services tech with at least 2 years of industry experience. We use .Net/ C# to build REST-based APIs, with a smattering of legacy SOAP APIs thrown in.
- You have a deep understanding of asynchronous, client-server architecture, service scalability, fault tolerance, error handling, and log-based diagnostics.
- You have a strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and coding patterns for high performance software.
- Bonus: experience working with streaming video.
- Bonus: experience working with cloud authentication systems.
- Bonus: experience working with audio/video capture and editing software.