Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the virtual infrastructure focusing on the Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop platform. The candidate should be experienced in supporting multi-vendor virtualization technologies and server hardware environments. The candidate should also display the ability to work in a large scale, fast paced, and cross-functional team environment.
- Perform system administration of the virtual infrastructure including VMware, Citrix, Cisco, and other technologies.
- Provide Tier III support for the virtual infrastructure by investigating and troubleshooting incidents and issues to resolution and providing well documented status updates.
- Provide day to day support for the virtual infrastructure including new system delivery, preventative maintenance, and proactive availability.
- Performance and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Managing and ensuring that ticket queues are being properly addressed in the time outlined by SLA’s.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Participate in Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management calls.
- Participate in 24 x 7 On-Call rotation as scheduled.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Four year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experenece.
- At least 4 years experience of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop administration.
- At least 2 years in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years experience of VMware vSphere administration.
- At least 2 years experience of Cisco UCS administration.
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV).
- Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing).
- Citrix Certified Associate - Virtualization (CCA-V) certification.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.