Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Virtualization Engineer
MGM Resorts International
Las Vegas , NV 89101
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the virtual infrastructure focusing on the Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop platform. The candidate should be experienced in supporting multi-vendor virtualization technologies and server hardware environments. The candidate should also display the ability to work in a large scale, fast paced, and cross-functional team environment.
- Perform system administration of the virtual infrastructure including VMware, Citrix, Cisco, and other technologies.
- Provide Tier III support for the virtual infrastructure by investigating and troubleshooting incidents and issues to resolution and providing well documented status updates.
- Provide day to day support for the virtual infrastructure including new system delivery, preventative maintenance, and proactive availability.
- Performance and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Managing and ensuring that ticket queues are being properly addressed in the time outlined by SLA’s.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Participate in Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management calls.
- Participate in 24 x 7 On-Call rotation as scheduled.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Four year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experenece.
- At least 4 years experience of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop administration.
- At least 2 years in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years experience of VMware vSphere administration.
- At least 2 years experience of Cisco UCS administration.
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV).
- Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing).
- Citrix Certified Associate - Virtualization (CCA-V) certification.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.