Senior Vice President - Corporate Debt Restructuring - Asset Manager
Arena Investors LP
Jacksonville , FL 32256
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Arena Investors, LP is a global investment management firm that seeks to generate attractive risk adjusted, consistent and uncorrelated returns by employing a fundamentals based, asset-oriented financing and investing strategy across the entire credit spectrum in areas where conventional sources of capital are scarce. Arena specializes in off-the-run, stressed, distressed, illiquid and esoteric special situation transactions through originations and acquisitions of asset-oriented investments across a wide array of asset types (including but not limited to private direct corporate credit, commercial real estate bridge lending, and commercial and consumer assets).
Quaestor Advisors (Quaestor), is an affiliated Special Servicer, which provides mid and back office services, including asset management, to Arena Investors and external clients.
Quaestor is looking to expand the Asset Management team, through the addition of a VP/SVP Corporate Debt Restructuring & Asset Manager. In this role, this individual will work independently, under the direction of the Head of Asset Management based in New York. The incumbent will be the senior staff member on-site within the office and will be required to work closely with both the Front Office Investments Team and the operations and finance teams. The Asset Management Groups primary responsibilities include portfolio surveillance, loan workout restructuring, asset valuation, and maximization of return for the firms investment portfolio. Ideal candidates will be organized, self-motivated, resourceful, and be able to work effectively with all internal groups.
- Track a wide range of bespoke illiquid-credit investments.
- Responsible for monthly valuation of all assigned investments.
- Be prepared to take lead on aggressive loan restructure/workout activities, consistent with Arenas approach that loan restructures are potential value-add opportunities.
- Must be a Player Coach, with personal responsibility for modeling and managing complicated assets, while overseeing and training team members and support analysts.
- Extensive interface with Finance and Operations teams.
- Prepare presentations that will include transaction structure, financial projections, and background information.
- Will work with the Managing Director Asset Management to build out the team overtime as the asset base grows.
- High exposure to, and comfort within, loan workout and restructuring situations. Ability to lead counsel through a loan workout process.
- Bachelors degree from a top university, ideally in a quantitative area (e.g., finance, economics, accounting).
- 12 - 15 + years industry experience, ideally in the area of illiquid and alternative credit.
- Strong fundamental credit skills necessary, likely developed in a commercial bank, credit company, or BDC..
- Exposure to complicated structured illiquid credit transactions optimal.
- Ability to write investment memorandum critical.
- Strong excel and modeling skills.
- Understanding of basic risk management approaches helpful.
- The highest level of personal integrity and ethical standards.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources