Senior Vehicle System Engineer
Fremont , CA 94537
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Pony.ai, excellence is at the core of our company. Every detail counts as we work to deliver a safe, reliable, and cost-effective autonomous driving platform to the public. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in developing and deploying state-of-the-art vehicle technology. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop as our company grows. Join us on this exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of transportation.
As a senior vehicle system engineer, you are responsible for:
- Define vehicle level feature requirements of autonomous driving application and align it within cross-functional teams;
- Lead practical system functional safety analysis, architecture and design;
- Develop software modules that achieves a reliable fail-safe/fail-operational autonomous system.
- Create validation and test plan for unique self-driving electro-mechanical systems in vehicle environment and generate reports.
- Act as technical interfaces with Pony OEM and Tier 1 partners;
- System level optimization on reliability, performance and scalability.
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields;
- Expertise in automotive functional safety (e.g. HARA) and failure mode analysis (e.g. FMEA and FTA);
- Solid understanding of major vehicle subsystems such as steering, braking, powertrain, in-vehicle communication (e.g. CAN), power system, etc;
- Experience in production oriented software development with C/C++ and Matlab/Simulink for real-time embedded automotive systems;
- Understanding of vehicle controls, system identification and vehicle modeling.
- Experience in safety-critical system verification & validation methodology, testing execution, test data analysis (script programming experience is preferred);
- ISO 26262 Functional Safety Certification is a plus;
- 3+ years experience at a major OEM or automotive supplier is a plus.