Senior Traffic Engineer
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig
Colorado Springs , CO 80901
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU) is seeking an experienced self-motivated senior-level engineer with demonstrated success at implementing advanced analytical tools, techniques and project management skills to deliver transportation operations and safety solutions. This position offers significant project management and technical responsibilities, and an accelerated career growth opportunity is present for the right candidate.
- A multidisciplinary company that has prioritized Transportation Operations and Safety skills and innovation since its founding in 1984
- A regional transportation consulting organization with a strong presence in Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota and Iowa; steadily expanding our reach across the Mountain, Midwest and Great Plains states
- A group of entrepreneurial professionals devoted to professional excellence and cutting edge expertise
- A place to grow as we seek to cultivate our next generation of leaders who will take root in our values and advance the companys purpose
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works on and manages a range of projects, including small to mid-sized traffic engineering projects, traffic engineering tasks and/or larger multi-disciplinary projects
- Responsible for overseeing data collection, technical analyses, and written documentation
- Participates in and presents project findings in writing and at client meetings, technical group gatherings, and day or evening public meetings/hearings
- Applies microsimulation, (e.g. VISSIM, TransModeler) and/or capacity analysis (e.g. Synchro/SimTraffic), modeling software and equipment to prepare engineering and planning documents
- Participates in business development efforts and assists with mentoring and project-related management of staff
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in the FHU quality manual
- Oversees and directs the analytical work of other engineers and planners
- Participates in the planning, estimation, and preparation of proposals as well as other competitive project pursuit elements such as client interviews
- Participates in and leads marketing pursuits of large projects, including projects that involve a range of engineering/planning disciplines
Highly desirable areas of expertise include:
- Real-time urban traffic signal control techniques and tools, including corridor optimization and adaptive signal control systems. Knowledge of traffic signal control hardware and software a plus.
- Ability to manage traffic engineering projects from start to finish and participate in management of larger multi-disciplinary projects.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems planning, analysis and design, such as Active Traffic Management (ATM), traffic monitoring, ramp metering, and Transit ITS applications.
- Use of a range of traffic simulation tools to assess operational issues and alternatives. Experience with microscopic simulation and Dynamic Traffic Assignment (DTA) modeling tools a plus.
- Involvement in Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) projects
- Ability to conduct Transportation Planning efforts for regional and sub-regional areas
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelors degree in civil/transportation engineering from an accredited four-year college or university required. Masters Degree with a concentration in Transportation Engineering preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience in transportation operations and safety roles with specific experience preparing traffic impact analyses, regional transportation plans, and major feasibility studies.
- Certificates, licenses, registrations: Professional Engineer Certificate or active pursuit of Professional Engineer Certificate in Colorado. Professional Transportation Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certification is a plus.