Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Threat Intelligence Research Engineer
Arlington , VA 22201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ThreatConnect arms organizations with a powerful defense against cyber threats and the confidence to make strategic business decisions. Founded in 2011, ThreatConnect officially launched the ThreatConnect Platform in 2013. Since then, ThreatConnect has grown to more than 20,000 users worldwide. Today, ThreatConnect provides a suite of products designed to meet the threat intelligence aggregation, analysis and automation needs of security teams at any maturity level - built on the industry's only intelligence-driven, extensible security platform. If you want to work on building a world-class security platform, you will enjoy a career that truly makes an impact. For more information on the benefits of working at ThreatConnect, visit www.threatconnect.com/careers
Automatically collecting, processing and exploring information at a large scale is at the core of the intelligence mission at ThreatConnect. The Research team is responsible for prototyping, building, and operating the systems that make up our intelligence pipeline.
The candidate will have strong technical skills, with demonstrated works such as research, written software, and previous technical projects. The candidate will have an understanding of ideological, criminal and nation state cyber threats, attacker tactics, techniques and procedures, and analytic methodologies such as The Diamond Model for
Intrusion Analysis & Kill Chain.
- Conduct day-to-day threat intelligence collection, to include ingesting feeds and maintaining the Research teams original data sources and automated malware analysis systems.
- Design and build prototype collection systems to develop new sources of threat intelligence.
- Improve team processes through the application of automation wherever possible.
- Establish detailed requirements and deliver proof of concepts when required in support of product management road mapped feature sets and integrations.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline from an accredited college or university. Equivalent experience considered.
- Strong team player. Lone wolfs need not apply.
- Experience supporting security operations, Computer Emergency Response Teams, or conducting investigative analysis and research.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) with an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other business units such as sales, marketing, product management & engineering.
- The ability to quickly adapt and overcome adversity and challenges.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated ability to provide proactive status updates, and delivering high-quality products.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed and diverse team.
- Experience developing or integrating threat intelligence data feeds.
- Work experience with malware analysis or general software reverse engineering.
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend