Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Technical Writer
Palo Alto , CA 94301
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing software companies in the Bay Area? Our client is disrupting the BI industry by making analytics 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people.
Are you a seasoned technical writer, whos looking to reinvent how people experience documentation? Its not enough for you to transcribe a tech talk - you want to get your hands dirty with the software, load some data, and learn it yourself. You spearhead your own projects (localization or a Knowledge Base), instead of just getting stuck in the release cycle rut. If so, we want to talk to you.
Youll be responsible for overseeing the documentation function and our portal, that means that youll figure out to best way to achieve our objectives, whether that means documentation, videos, tutorials, or something that hasnt been invented yet.
This position is based at our headquarters in Palo Alto, California. Well especially want to talk to you if youve written technical docs for a database, business intelligence, or big data offering.
- Manage documentation projects involving multiple project teams
- Solve information challenges with efficient use of time and resources
- Constantly reimagine how we do things, to optimize for speed, quality, and effectiveness
- Write original technical content related to databases, Web applications, and business intelligence solutions
- Evaluate documentation technologies and methodologies, to innovate and make our information solutions world class
- 5 - 10 years experience in technical documentation production.
- Bachelors degree, with a focus in Communications, English, Instructional Design, Information Management, or a related discipline.
- Proven ability to manage documentation projects and deliver within a software release cycle.
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing technical procedures and concept topics for a range of audiences.
- Ability to create content in varied voices from charming and witty to technical and serious.
- Creativity and innovation in the audio, visual and written realms.
- Markdown and Jekyll for documentation
- Developer tools like GitHub and JIRA
- Image and video editing tools like Adobe Photoshop and Camtasia
- Bonus points if you have hands on experience with databases and reporting tools like Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, and Excel