Senior Tax Accountant
Mize Cpas Inc.
Overland Park , KS 66204
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Tax Accountant functions in a role between the tax staff accountants and the managers/shareholders, to whom the senior reports. The position requires technical, client service, supervision, marketing, and administration skills.
- Prepares and reviews complex tax returns, including personal, business, fiduciary, and non-profit.
- Assumes tax person responsibility/management for less complex business clients.
- Performs tax research, planning, and projection projects.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements.
- Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Assists in developing and training staff through supervision, evaluation, and assistance in assigned projects.
- Develops expertise within agreed upon industry group(s).
- Begin developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Makes internal and external presentations on topics within specialty areas, as requested.
- Develops quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Occasional same day or overnight travel for work at clients offices, meetings, and seminars.
- Ability to work hours necessary to meet deadlines for work assigned.
- Increased workload required during certain times of the year.
- Licensed CPA with a minimum of two years experience as a staff accountant.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Creative problem solving ability, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in delivery of quality client service.
Mize CPAs Inc. offers competitive salary and fringe benefits, challenging projects, and ongoing professional development opportunities for our employees.