Senior Systems Engineer
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Upwork has partnered with a global leader in providing business and technology consulting services that transform organizations through cloud-based solution.
They are the market-leader in their field, internationally recognized as an exceptional service provider with proven expertise in enterprise consulting, cloud platform migration, custom application development, managed services, user adoption and change management.
They are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to manage and support the team's internal IT infrastructure and services.
You will work closely with the Director of IT, and the IT Manager to meet the following primary objectives of the Information Technology Services organization:
- Maintain and monitor key IT systems and services, including Identity solutions, messaging and collaboration tools, network infrastructure, and SaaS based business critical applications.
- Provide support on a variety of infrastructure deployment projects, operational improvements, creating scripts and automation of tasks and provisioning of resources.
- Help develop and document IT processes and procedures, including user onboarding, third-party vendor approval, Disaster Recovery, and security.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- You will manage user identity and SSO platforms, including third party SSO providers like OKTA
- You will utilize PowerShell, GAM (Google Apps Manager), Google Cloud Shell to automate various tasks
- You will work with other departments as required on business application integrations, including using tools such as Dell Boomi, Tray i.o, Big Query, Google App Script, and ServiceNow.
- You will manage security, provisioning, and monitoring of Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure) used by internal SADA engineers
- You must ensure accurate and timely resolution for assigned issues
- You will act as a technical escalation resource for Tier 3 issues
- You will troubleshoot issues and provide Tier II/Tier III end-user support
- You will monitor and maintain network infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, and wireless infrastructure
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years of work experience in technology, technology consulting, and IT support
- Hands on administration and support experience of identity solutions
- Proven dedication to enabling quality through continuous improvement
- Exhibits strong decision making, and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to deal with changing priorities to complete tasks in a short period of time
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Solid commitment to customer service with good initiative and follow-through
- Open to being on call for weekends and after hours
Working Knowledge of:
- Active Directory
- PowerShell, GAM, Google Cloud Shell
- Scripting Knowledge
- Google Cloud Platform
- Networking Infrastructure
- Windows Desktop OS
- Mac OS
- Chrome OS
- Windows Server OS and Services
- Windows Active Directory
- Firewalls and Security
- Remote work; you can work from your home or anywhere you want.
- Work with a global leader in providing business and technology consulting services!
- Competitive pay!