Senior Systems Engineer / Project Engineer
Windsor , CT 06095
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cooperative Systems is a rapidly emerging Managed IT Services firm with offices in Windsor, CT and Burlington, MA. We provide outsourced IT to our clients and strategically optimize and protect their infrastructure 24x7, while performing day-to-day maintenance that keeps their staff from experiencing downtime. We are passionate and dedicated to our mission of providing exceptional service and support to our clients. We stand strong to our Core Values of being Personable, Accountable, Adaptable, and Dedicated to Success.
Ranked amongst the TOP TEN BEST PLACES TO WORK IN CT for 7 years consecutively, the down to earth environment at Cooperative Systems offers our employees high visibility and many options for career advancement. With over Twenty Five years of forward thinking IT, proving that the Coopsys employee-centric culture is good for business, we excel at creating a culture where employees feel purposeful, connected, challenged, valued, and know their contribution to the team is essential. Taking a proactive approach to creating a happy workplace, providing a flexible work-life balance, and committing to innovative improvements, is what makes Cooperative Systems a great place to work. Happy Employees = Happy Customers.
- Conduct network assessments following assessment framework.
- Analyze customer needs and engineer solutions to meet those needs within Cooperative Systems technology standards.
- Design, coordinate, and implement simple and complex projects.
- Scope hardware and software specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Determine project labor estimates.
- Ensure projects are delivered successfully, on-time, and within budget.
- Lead and complete onboarding projects for new customers or new service delivery to existing customers.
- Ensure successful knowledge transfer of projects and environments to technical team to ensure efficient ongoing support.
- Occasionally serve as an escalation point for solving complex technical problems and issues.
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to logging hours, maintaining customer documentation, and using company-approved data entry system.
- Draft and maintain documentation of technical processes for internal and external use. Serve as Technical Mentor to other team members.
- Exercises independent judgment in the interest of the company as a substantial part of the work day.
- Obtain company assigned training and certifications to further goals of self and the company.
- Provide ideas/insights as to new products or services that the company can offer its clients.
- Perform after hours customer support and project delivery as required.
- Communicate with customers as required: keeping them informed of project progress, impending changes or agreed outage
- Advanced knowledge of network and server environments including (but not limited to) Server Operating Systems, Virtualization Technology, E-Mail platforms, Cloud Services, Networking and Security.
- Expert knowledge of Office 365 (Teams, Exchange Online, AzureAD, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, etc.). Previous migration experience preferred.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Understanding of network topologies, IP routing, switching, VLANs, 802.1X / RADIUS, VPN, WiFi, etc.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Rich Base plus Commission
- Everything from Medical to Life Insurance we have a very Robust list of options
- Retirement 50% matching up to 3% of your salary you contribute
- Paid Holidays and Time Off 8 Paid Holidays and 18 days Off Per Year
- Family Oriented
- FUN - Annual Outings/Celebrations
- Workplace Wellness / In House Bi Weekly Massages
- Quarterly Team Building Events
- Gym Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition gifts cards/Time Off
- Education Reimbursement
- Work remotely options