Senior Systems Engineer/Mobile & Telecommunications
Chantilly , VIRGINIA 20151
RCT Systems is currently looking for a cleared Senior Systems Engineer with a focus in Mobile & Telecommunications in the North Virginia area!
The Systems Engineer/Mobile & Telecommunication (OG) expert will support a branch which manages operational requirements for an 800 person customer organization. This role bridges the gap between engineering elements and end users to ensure the solutions developed will support operations appropriately. Their primary focus will be in support of telecom/wireless technology requirements for the center. The mobile expert will work closely with the customer, provide feedback to design engineers and evaluate systems and products through their entire lifecycle. The mobile expert will conduct research, test new products, and evaluate performance. The ideal candidate must display a deep understanding of mobile technology. The candidate is expected to be the subject matter expert in telecommunications and wireless providers. Other duties may include:
- Identify users needs and requirements and mobilize existing technology to meet the need.
- Identify future trends in order to be at the forefront of mobile technology.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build.
- Lead testing and operational readiness exercises.
- Provide technical advice on telecommunications systems.
Mandatory Skills and Education:
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- 10-12 years with a BS in Technical Field
- Established experience in deployment of cellular (802.11/GSM/UMTS/LTE/TD-SCDMA) systems.
- Experience with data services--knowledge of protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP
- Skills with measurement and optimization tools such as Ethereal, WireShark, iPerf
- Good written, verbal communications and presentation skills required.
- Team player with strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to investigate end to end performance of 3GPP networks preferred
- Experience with CDMA/GSM/UMTS preferred
- Knowledge of inter-working between Intra/Inter 3GPP and 3GPP2 networks a plus
- Programming/scripting skills are a plus (Perl, Python)
- Background in 3GPP and 3GPP2 protocol standards, verification, call processing, and data networks is a plus.
RCT Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or protected veteran status.