Senior Systems Engineer
Greenzone Solutions, Inc.
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. has a need for a Senior Systems Engineer to support of our Federal Clients Data Warehouse System Environments. Our client has a product/test/development environment with a mixture of homegrown and 3rd party software packages that connect and pull data from their Oracle databases.
- Provide operations and maintenance for the clients hardware, software, and data supporting enterprise web-enabled systems
- Provide tier II/III/IV support for two major systems for the client
- As appropriate, provides escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network connectivity issues
- Act as a point of communication between Project Management and IT Security teams
- Performs local administration and operations functions as appropriate in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Lead and manage application deployments, patching, and account management prepare deployment scripts, execute deployment, and validate/verify applications post deployment
- Coordinate changes and improvements to network and security infrastructure
- Monitor applications, networks, SAN devices for health, availability, and performance
- Continuously monitor data feeds from providers for system applications resolve any issues with data loading and coordinate with development teams to address any changes to data loading processes
- Administer QA/testing environment using Micro Focus's Application Lifecycle Management and Unified Functional Testing platform that automates testing scripts and testing procedures for the team
- Bachelors degree with concentration in IT, Business, or related field of study
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance
- Must be able to interact, write queries, perform dumps/imports in Oracle
- Scripting in shell and power shell environments (Ksh, Bash, PowerShell).
- Server Troubleshooting overall knowledge of networking
- Must have a solid understanding of Tomcat in a Unix/Linux environment (Win 7, and RHEL 7,8) with exposure to Oracle 10c to 11g
- Experience administering 3rd party software: SAS, SAP Business Objects, Informatica, ApacheDS, OneData
- 6+ years operations and maintenance experience with a wide range of web technologies such as JBoss, Java, Java Frameworks, large-scale storage systems, and relational databases
- Experience with Solaris 11, Solaris virtualization, Logical Domains (LDOM), Zones, Control Domains, and ZFS file system management
- Strong end-to-end technical knowledge in securing web technologies and ensuring access controls
- Experience creating ad hoc and canned data reports from an Oracle Database
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing virtual environments using MS Hyper-V and VMware virtualization platforms
- Knowledge of administering enterprise reporting tool such as Business Objects or other COTS products support the administration
- Knowledge of administering Informatics and Extract/Transform/Load deployments
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.