Senior Systems Engineer
Topeka , KS 66612
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Senior Systems Engineer
(some relo assistance potentially provided for non-locals)
$80 – 100k
We are a full-service Managed Service Provider specializing in implementing and maintaining high-performance IT systems for small and medium-sized organizations in a wide range of industries. The Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator will join our MSP team leading a variety of client projects, eg:
- Migrating Line of Business applications from old to new servers (e.g. Sage 300, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Migrating email systems (cutover or Hybrid) to Office 365 from gSuite, On-Premise Exchange, or Hosted Exchange
- Implementing a VMware cluster with multiple host servers and SAN
- Deploying a new Active Directory domain from scratch
- Migrating old servers (2003 through 2012) to Windows 2016.
- Office moves including all IT infrastructure
He/she will also support our Help Desk in providing L3 remote and onsite support for PCs, Macs, networking equipment, servers, firewalls, and desktop. The candidate should expect to perform a wide variety of IT support, including complex server and network issues, as dictated by client request and company workload. Candidates must also be willing to work directly with all types of clients, internal staff, and 3rd party vendors, from technical to the very non-technical.
8+ years professional experience with an MSP, VAR and/or as an IT Consultant supporting:
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Microsoft Outlook and the Office Suite, Apple OS X
- Microsoft Server environments (Active Directory, SQL, Exchange)
- Group Policy
- Office 365 / Azure
- Scripting (primarily PowerShell)
- Networking connectivity/equipment TCP/IP for both LAN and WAN topologies, including: routers, managed switches, VLANs, WLANs, NAT, SonicWALL and Cisco Firewalls
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Server Virtualization (Citrix/Microsoft/VMWare)
- Server and storage architecture/hardware, as well as related technologies, including: RAID, iLO, bare-metal restores, backup methodologies, SANs
- Internet-related technologies, including: DNS, registrars, SSL, webhosting providers
- Experience with ConnectWise preferred
- Email / Web / DNS
- Familiarity with Remote Monitoring packages such as Labtech, Continuum, Kaseya or LPI
- Able to work at a high level independently, utilizing other resources with good judgment.
- Able to demonstrate high initiative and ownership of issues.
- Able to excel in making customers feel great about their support experience regardless of the outcome via high level, polished customer and relationship management skills.
- Able to follow internal procedures and reliably perform real-time ticket documentation.
- Extraordinary written, verbal and interpersonal skills are a must.