Senior Systems Engineer
Kent , WA 98032
Posted 1 week ago
AMMEX is a global leader in products that enhance health, hygiene, and safety across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our commitment to product development and innovation is integral to our global growth. Our dedication to customer service is unparalleled, and our unique marketing programs that increase sales are on the cutting edge in our industry.
With a focus on expanding and nurturing partnerships on a global scale, AMMEX is poised for even greater success internationally.
Our people infuse our culture with integrity, which defines the way we operate. As a company we embrace our core values:
- We are aggressive in pursuing opportunities
- We are consistent and innovative in our products and processes
- We are approachable and a pleasure to do business with
- We believe that simple is good
- We grow and improve every day!
No matter the department, we are looking for people who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating products, processes, systems, and teams that are innovative and adaptable as we scale. We want to build a team of customer-oriented, authentic, self-directed professionals who are driven by a desire to succeed in all that they do.
Under general direction, performs at a senior professional level in planning, developing, and implementing the Ammexs Global Information Technology (IT) infrastructure architecture and design for Azure Cloud and On-premise Microsoft environment; recommends and implements technology and processes to improve system uptime; develops and implements Disaster Recovery architecture; troubleshoots escalated, severity infrastructure issues; mentors and leads less experienced systems engineer and operations staff; and assists the IT Division.
Education and Experience:Bachelors Degree in computer science, information technology, business management information systems, or closely related field and five years of IT Systems Engineer experience in a distributed, enterprise production environment including experience implementing, configuring, and maintaining advanced/complex infrastructure technology On-Premise and Azure Cloud including SAN, Hyper-v, load balancing, and fail-over/clustering; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge of:
- IT infrastructure systems, distributed, enterprise production environment, Azure Cloud, Active Directory, group policy, LDAP, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and Windows Server.
- Hyper-v, server image creation, backups, performance monitoring and adjustments, license management, software patches, and driver updates.
- Specific architecture and design including network storage, virtualization, distributed file system, data replication between distributed sites, disaster recovery, and backup systems.
- IT troubleshooting in a production environment.
- Implementing, configuring, and administering Azure Cloud in a production environment.
- Major hardware components, including memory configuration, RAID configuration, backup systems, storage technology, clustering, and load balancing.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Project management practices and principals.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
- Lead/supervisory principles, methods, and techniques.
- Azure Cloud in-depth System Engineering experience.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
- Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
- Utilizing network tools to monitor servers, firewalls, and network components for errors, security issues, and other problems; review device, network, and application logs; review usage and utilization statistics.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and responding to infrastructure issues and problems; coordinating solutions with outside vendors, users, and information technology staff.
- Leading process improvement efforts, implementing process changes, and improving productivity through process improvement.
- Defining vision and goals for the team and implementing changes to meet goals.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and managing EMC SAN storage including configuring fiber switches, creating LUNs, and replication of storage.
- Communicating and coordinating with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Working effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines, and adjusting to changing priorities.
- Managing projects and making decisions in fast-paced, difficult environments.
- Responding to inquiries and in effective oral and written communication.
- Researching, analyzing, and evaluating new service delivery methods and techniques.
- Working cooperatively with other departments, Agency officials, and outside agencies.
- Able to physically travel via airplane to domestic and international locations as needed to support the business.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a computer, keying and reading content.
- Will be required to stand, reach, bend, twist, squat, and move about freely in an office environment. May need to be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to use office equipment such as phone, copier, printer, etc.
AMMEX offers company paid health insurance (medical, dental & vision) for employees. We also offer a SIMPLE IRA with company match, self-managed PTO, company paid life insurance, free on-site parking, and a 3 week paid sabbatical for every 5 years of service. What really makes of working at AMMEX the best, though, are the intelligent, funny, hard working humans who are ready to welcome you to the team.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000/year, plus bonus potential
C O M E J O I N U S !!!