Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above.
You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Design, document, implement, tune, enhance and debug complex technology solutions. Provide system design, business process analysis and design support for developing solutions for interfacing business and computer application systems.
Develop or modify procedures to solve the most complex business problems considering client needs, process analysis, design, simulation, application capabilities and industry requirements. Perform high-level system analysis and articulate findings to management. Perform as a technical manager and lead work on all phases of systems analysis up to the enterprise level of the organization's business processes and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1.Develop and articulate comprehensive designs to all levels of management within the organization and obtain approval for proposed solutions.
2.Provide direction to Application Delivery Services (ADS) Systems Analysts to gather, formulate, define and design efficient and effective solutions to the most complex business problems.
3.Provide thought-leadership for assigned projects and applications to business leaders, team members and other Data and Technology Services (DTS) areas.
4.Analyze complex requirements, plan and design large-scale business applications, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering, with the end goal of creating applications that are Easy, Simple, Fast, Safe, Secure and Stable.
5.Ensure user experience considerations are incorporated into solution requirements and design.
6.Provide team members and users with assistance solving the most complex application-related problems, such as malfunctions and difficult to identify program problems.
7.Utilize a risk-based approach in all duties to minimize deployment risks.
8.Develop, document and revise flow chart's system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards.
9.Review and analyze applications, including performance results, to locate code problems.
10. Develop test strategy (test plans, test cases, and test scripts) to comprehensively test assigned enhancements to business applications or provide guidance to a dedicated testing team on effective testing approach for assigned enhancements or problems. If applicable, thoroughly test assigned enhancements.
11. Serve as project leaders for all sizes of systems projects.
12. Maintain an expert knowledge of testing documentation and execution skills.
13. Coordinate the installation of application enhancements/releases of net new applications of moderate complexity.
14. Expand or modify applications to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
15. Assess the usefulness of the most complex pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
16. Maintain an expert business and operations knowledge of direct and associated clients in order to add value in analyzing complex and highly integrated projects.
17. Architect technical solutions to complex problems.
18. Research and debug complex technical problems.
19. Stay current with emerging technologies, their strengths and weaknesses and their application to business solutions.
20. Produce cost/benefit analysis for system improvements to support comparison of alternative solutions and provide recommendations.
21. Provide estimates for efforts not estimated by the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) process.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Bachelor's degree in Information Technology-related field, or equivalent education and related training
2.Twenty years of experience and high proficiency with the following information technologies:
Information security best practices
IT performance/scalability principles
Relational database technologies
Principles of a service oriented architecture
Mainframe, distributed, Web, and/or networking technologies
Design tools and techniques
Application development methodologies
Technology testing and change implementation best practices
3.Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4.Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
5.Ability to lead, direct and train teams of ADS Developers and ADS Systems Analysts
6.Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
7.Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify