Senior Systems Administrator
St. George , UT 84770
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ALC is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator in IT for our new IT devision in St. George, UT. This Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for administering, monitoring and supporting server hardware platforms, operating systems, and their related products and technologies. Responsible for the move of on-premise systems to the cloud. Researches and establishes standards for system uptime and availability. Recommends, documents and follows established standards for system uptime and availability. This position is also responsible for day to day infrastructure repair, and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves infrastructure issues
- Develops and maintains documentation on infrastructure, software, systems, and disaster recovery methodology
- Assists in ensuring that network infrastructure is up and running
- Helps to specify and implement hardware and software
- Builds, maintains, and repairs datacenter and network infrastructure
- Trains other help desk and junior system admins on using networking hardware and software as needed
- Ensures company backups are run on a regular basis and restores files as needed
- As assigned, administers and supports company telecommunications hardware and software and related services
- Provide LAN troubleshooting such as server and connectivity problems along with software performance problems
- Implements system monitors for aspects of the environment to ensure uptime
- Responds to monitors to resolve issues and problems with infrastructure and servers
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
- Implement and maintain application service levels.
- Plan and manage all on premise systems to the cloud.
Experience: Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience. Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. Typically hold 1 or more industry certifications.
- Windows, EMC, MSSQL, Cisco, VMWare
- Salesforce, Tableau, Domo, New Relic
- Azure, Amazon Cloud, O365
- LDAP, SSO, VPN
- Advanced understanding of current and past Microsoft server operating systems
- Advanced understanding of core IT infrastructure and systems including but not limited to Active Directory/Group Policy, virtualization, SAN storage, and networking equipment
- Advanced ability to analyze system logs
- Advanced understanding of best practices for integrating new technologies into an enterprise
- Intermediate understanding of phone systems, MPLS and network related technologies
- Ability to perform routine audits of systems and software
- Advanced understanding of information security and best practices
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan (with Employer Match), Paid Time Off, and Paid Holiday.
Please upload resume with details regarding your fit for the position. Qualified candidates will be contacted to confirm receipt of resume. A resume is required for any candidate desiring to be considered for employment.
You can find our website at https://alcsolutions.com/
American Logistics Company, LLC is An Equal Opportunity Employer