OVERVIEW: Are you looking for an ambitious new work environment to test & enhance your skills? Have you ever wanted to work for a company where you felt like part of a family? Wouldnt it be great if your achievements were recognized personally by one of the owners of the company? When you join the phia phamily, this is what youll encounter!
phia, LLC is hiring a candidate for a highly technical team, supporting the front line of security protecting the federal and civilian government in the pursuit of national cybersecurity. Your team will support the operations & maintenance phases of the lifecycle. This job is located in Dulles, VA with full/frequent remote during the pandemic at the discretion of the customer. Preferred candidates will live within commuting distance or be willing to relocate.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Offer support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity, and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Support and provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
- Maintain the integrity and security of IT system.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation and process documentation.
- Interact with users.
- Adhere to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implement system testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Provide remote access capability for users using approved secure access methods.
- Provide software upgrade plans for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software to the Change Management process.
- Conduct testing using approved testing procedures for all new staged hardware/software (GFE), as well as components that have been updated, received patches, and/or have been repaired.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
- Support shift work, as required.
- May lead System Administrator team and/or Help Desk team.
- Four (4) or more years of incidence response experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Cyber Security or a related discipline is required. [Six (6) years of experience (for a total of ten (10) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.]
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIX, Linux or UNIX.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: networking protocols and applications (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP stack, sockets, console, license, NFS, SAMBA, and back-up, SAN and mail servers).
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I certification required.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Relevant certifications desired (Red Hat, Microsoft, Oracle, Solaris, UNIX, etc.)
- U.S. Citizenship required.
WORK SCHEDULE: TBD
TRAVEL: Less than 5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: This job is located in Dulles, VA with full/frequent remote during the pandemic at the discretion of the customer. Preferred candidates will live within commuting distance or be willing to relocate.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Secret with eligibility for TS/SCI
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phias founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
Excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll