Senior System Administrator
Cape Canaveral , FL 32815
Posted 2 months ago
Lentech, Inc. is currently seeking asenior-level Systems AdministratorWork Location:
Kennedy Space Center 32815Security Clearance:
This position requires the candidate to pass a US Government background investigation.Job Functions and
Diagnose and resolve problems of server hardware and operating systems. Troubleshoot and resolve problems with computer hardware, software (COTS and or custom applications), and peripherals. Build new systems (desktop/laptop/servers), install, maintain, and configure computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including researching vendor documentation to resolve problems. Maintain inventory of computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment. Install software/system patches on a monthly basis. Determine feasibility of desired customer requirements and detailed steps involved in troubleshooting and resolving customer issues. Obtain detailed specifications from users to determine specific output requirements. Act in compliance with Federal, State, local, NASA, and Air Force laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements. Additional support activities may include, but are not limited to: account management, server configuration management; system security; data backup and recovery; event log analysis; disk space management; installation of software patches; server and network device troubleshooting; certificate authority management; setup, configure and deploy new server platforms.Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a related field plusa minimum of 5years of related experience.
- Experience in Windows Server 20xx administration.
- Experience installing and configuring IIS.
- Experience with virtualization technology and SAN.
- Knowledge of load balanced applications and Microsoft clustering.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing Linux systems preferred.
- Possess the ability to work in a diverse customer service environment.
- Must have outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
- Assignments are broad in nature, complex and requires originality and ingenuity.
- Able to work independently or under general supervision and may train lower level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills are essential, along with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a focused manner.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification is desired
Please send qualified resumes to Lentech Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website http://www.lentechinc.com/join-our-team
Lentech, Inc. provides technology-enabled IT Solutions and Mission Technical Solutions to civil, defense and intelligence customers. Through our accumulated years of experience, industry expertise, and strategic partnerships, Lentech has built mission-critical solutions for our federal and commercial customers. Lentechs clients achieve full life-cycle support and cost effective managed services supporting enterprise computing and applications initiatives for Government agencies. Lentechs newly established Mission Technical Solutions Division is focused on providing engineering, operations, I&T and technical services to civil and defense customers primarily in the aerospace fields.
Lentech, Inc. is a performance-based company providing employees with challenging and interesting work, competitive pay and benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow. We focus on providing an environment of fun, sharing, collaboration and connection. Our culture is team oriented, non-hierarchical and entrepreneurial. It gives people a chance to participate and be a factor in the companys growth and success.
Lentech, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identification, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law. We are proud of the diversity of our staff and seek diversity in our applicants.