Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Statistical Analyst
Brook Park , OH 44142
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
1.Statistical Analysis / Data Science (95%):
- Builds new predictive/descriptive models, evaluate current effectiveness of old models, design experiments/campaigns and analyze the resulting data, perform post-hoc (correlational) analysis when experimental designs (causational analyses) are not feasible and explains the limitations of the results, advises analytical data programmers on quality and infrastructure needs/challenges, etc.
- Modify and run code others wrote only when less experienced Analysts are unavailable.
- Write code that will be run repetitively.
- Write medium size blocks of code that is needed for the scope of work being done.
- Translating analytical results, presenting to manager level and below, and making recommendations for improvements in the areas of application
- Create and present technical results to business managers.
- Creates technical documentation of basic analyses.
- Identifies and works with other more experienced analysts on data preparation issues (such as missing values and invalid data)
- Creates basic transformations of data independently and intermediate transformations with involvement from more experienced analysts
- Applies basic techniques for handling small sample sizes with involvement from more experienced analysts
- Applies basic techniques for handling interactions with limited involvement from more experienced analysts
- Perform medium scale statistical analysis or medium scale modeling projects independently or in collaboration with other Analysts.
- Apply skills learned in previous roles to the business using SAS and further advance business skills.
- Depending on prior roles, may require formal training in some topical areas.
- Partner with more experienced Analysts on large scale modeling projects.
2.Technical Supervision / Training / Development (5%)
- Technically supervising, mentoring, coaching, and training all less senior analysts on advanced statistical techniques and how to apply them to business problems
Education & Experience
- MS degree in Analytics, Statistics, or Mathematics fields and 3-6 years of Analytics experience or PhD degree and 2-4 years of Analytics experience
- 2+ years of SAS programming experience in previous roles (SAS not substitutable with any other programming language).
- Expertise acquired through prior experience in applying statistical/mathematical techniques and Credit Risk management
- Experimental Design
- Linear/Logistic Regression
- Time Series Analysis
- Decision Trees
- Must be a proficient storyteller able to explain complicated statistical analyses, techniques, and results to non-statistical audiences of Director-level Executives and below.
- Capable of working and communicating directly with Manager-level and below to scope the technical needs of medium scale, medium-value projects and ad-hoc analyses.
- Capable of assisting in technically supervising junior level Statistical Analysts / Data Scientists
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.