Senior Staff Accountant
Culver City , Ca 90230
Posted 3 months ago
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.Our Story
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.Summary
MedMen is looking for Senior Staff Accountant for our high energy enterprise with multiple companies and ledgers. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on both manufacturing and retail activity in a dynamic role that reports directly to the CFO.Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
This position requires an individual to wear many hats. Examples of required duets are as follows:
Our ideal candidate:
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Accrual basis accounting.
- Prepare month-end reports and income analysis, including verification of trial balance, A/P and A/R aging schedule.
- Develop and structure processes, policies and procedures for efficient and timely accounting closing.
- Maintain accuracy of revenue recognition, returns/chargebacks, customer credits and sale tax.
- Maintain general ledgers and make necessary journal entries to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial reports.
- Manage periodical closings of multiple books of different entities under a parent company.
- Maintain and book depreciation schedules, amortization and sales/use tax journal entries
- Prepare periodic monthly financial statements and ad-hoc reports for the CFO.
- Multiple Bank accounts reconciliations.
- Periodical Sales Tax Payment
- Monitor various project budgets
- Enter bills and pay them in timely manner.
- Monitor and track intercompany activities.
We are looking for an individual with solid accounting experience and a passion to build their skills in a rapidly growing start-up. The position needs someone eager to assist with special projects as needed.Qualities we're looking for
- At least 3 years work experience
- Experience with Quickbooks, Accounts Payable, and payroll is a must
- Attention to detail and eagerness to learn
- Must be able to function in an occasionally chaotic environment
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Partnership accounting a plus
- Experience working in a start-up environment a plus
- Quickbooks, Accounts Payable, and payroll
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.AAP/EEO Statement
MMMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MMMG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MMMG employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.