Senior Staff Accountant
Edison , NJ 08817
Posted 1 week ago
The Senior Staff Accountant works in conjunction with the Senior Accountant to support management and operations with information, analytics and financial services in order to achieve the companys mission and execute its strategic plan. This position monitors and advances the financial health of the company by managing cash flow, enhancing profit, watching costs and safeguarding assets. In addition, develops financial policy and provides accurate, actionable and timely financial reporting and forecasts to facilitate internal management and to ensure external compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial statements including support for items within the financials
- Preparing monthly work papers
- Developing accurate company overhead forecast projections
- Managing accounting system by handling recurring and non-recurring journal entries and maintain control of all general ledger balances
- Knowledge of the consolidation process
- Responsible for reconciling the general ledger, including individual job costs
- Preparing supplementary schedules of job costs percentage of completion
- Reconciling the bank statements on a monthly basis
- Maintaining accounting fixed asset records and depreciation calculations
- Reconciling fixed asset records with general ledger
- Assist in the preparation of schedules, reports, and various supporting documents used in audits performed by independent public accountants
- Understanding, evaluating, planning and monitoring the relationship between the various CS Energy companies for correct accounting, activity level, etc.
- Troubleshooting problems to ensure proper posting and data flow within the accounting system
- Ensuring compliance with state and local tax guidelines
- Collaborate with external auditors on annual audit and tax reporting
- Complete/assist with additional projects as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in the Accounting Industry
- Previous Public Accounting Audit experience highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (Pivot tables, v-lookup, financial modeling)
- Experience preparing or auditing financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Renewable Energy and/or Construction experience a plus
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker; deliberate and decisive in making decisions
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to travel to domestic project sites (10-20%)
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
* CS Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters and/or third parties in response to our job postings. Any unsolicited resumes become property of CS Energy and we reserve the right to pursue and hire any such candidate.
About CS Energy
CS Energy is an industry-leading renewable energy firm that develops, designs, and builds optimized projects in solar, energy storage, and emerging energy industries, with over 1.3 GW of solar and 300 MWh of energy storage projects installed across the US. CS Energy leverages strong relationships with solar developers, IPPs, utilities, off-takers, suppliers, and landowners to help our customers streamline the project development process, lower project costs, and create value for all stakeholders. Owned by American Securities, a leading US private equity firm, CS Energy has an experienced and committed management team and robust financial backing that enables us to be a trusted and long-term partner for our customers.
CS Energy has achieved its success through attracting and retaining highly talented and motivated people who are passionate about the companys success. We celebrate diversity in all areas of our company and are very committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Some of our recent notable team achievements are:
- Nations #1 commercial solar installer (Wood Mackenzie 2020)
- Nations #10 solar EPC company (Solar Power World 2020)
- Best Places to work in New Jersey Award recipient (NJBIZ 2020)
- Excellence Awards in safety for the past four years (Annual Governors Occupational Safety and Health Awards Program)
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Matthew Skidmore (Ernst & Young 2020)
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.