Senior Solution Engineer, Pre-Sales - US
Alpharetta , GA 30022
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Stonebranch is a thriving software development company providing solutions for modern IT organizations. Our products provide enterprise-wide automation of complex IT business processes in a simple, intuitive way - from Amazon Web Services in the cloud to z/OS batch processes on the mainframe. Stonebranch clients include some of the world's largest financial, healthcare and technology institutions. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Stonebranch has more than 350+ customers and points of support throughout the world, including the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Greece and the EMEA Headquarter in Germany.
We are currently looking for 2 Solution Engineers (Pre-Sales) in Alpharetta, Ga.
Do you want to feel the invigoration of an entrepreneurial setting without the risk and a corporate setting without all the red tape? The Solution Engineer is an exciting new opportunity responsible for working with the Stonebranch Sales and Delivery team in US to engage potential customers in all phases of the sales cycle. This is a great opportunity for problem solvers with technical proficiencies. The selling model focuses on our toolset, Universal Automation Center. A strong Workload Automation background is beneficial but not mandatory for this position, as the product knowledge can be learned with relative ease. Use of fundamental technical presentation skills is required to be demonstrated throughout performance of the role.
The Solution Engineer (Pre-Sales) is responsible for, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Research and understand customers business needs
- Demonstrate, validate software fit and handle pre-sale discovery
- Present proposed solutions to customers
- Review, understand and qualify customers business processes
- Develop compelling value proposition to identified needs
- Respond to customers technical questions
- Attend conferences and trade shows and generate sales leads
- Handle sales requests on time
- Confer with delivery team on design and solutions
- Collect market and customer requirements on ongoing customer visits
- Develop customer proposals
- Suggest products, technical architecture and operational best practices
- Attend to customer requests for information on RFIs and RFPs completion
- Demonstrate to leverage best practices and offer insight into client business and industry verticals
- Qualify and assist to close sales opportunities
- Maintain account plans technical portions
- Ensure successful POCs proof of concepts, pilot projects and product installations
- Determine, resolve and communicate technical and business presales issues to sales and presales management
- Assist regional business development activities
- Install and maintain demos and software on presales equipment
- Engage in product training to maintain high product knowledge
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 3+ years experience working as a Pre-Sales Engineer
- Must possess a strong understanding of several operating systems, including Microsoft, Linux and Unix
- Added value if candidate possesses a strong understanding of several workload automation products, including products from BMC, CA Technologies, ASG, Automic, Redwood, IBM and others
- Experience configuring enterprise-level software applications as preparation for sales demos
- Strong analytical thinking
- Able to solve problems systematically and efficiently
- An excellent customer service attitude and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner are required
- Ability to work independently and remain focused on quality
- Willingness to travel / Approx. 50%
- Experience with and interest in modern business applications and services (e.g. AWS & Azure Cloud, Hadoop Big Data, Docker Container) for Use Cases and integration with Stonebranch products is beneficial
- Programming/scripting skills with e.g. Python are beneficial
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply Online Today!