Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Ianuly Talent Accelerators
New York , NY 10017
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is a venture-backed, early-stage startup based out of NYC working to disrupt the traditional High-Performance Computing market.
Our client seeks an experienced and self-motivated Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team to help launch new products and test new features for our cloud computing platform. As an SQA Engineer, youll play an important part in shaping their development and delivery process and will work collaboratively with their development team to facilitate successful releases of products and innovations to their customers. You will be involved from the very beginning of product engineering, working with a small but efficient team to assess risks, build test capabilities, and engineer better solutions. You will use your experiences to guide the team toward good engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other quality concepts.
- Lead the test engineering team, develop and execute test plans, with the aim of maximizing test coverage, release velocity and production health Report directly to the CTO and be a key contributor to the company's software development.
- Champion and implement best quality practices through all stages of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Lead test automation initiatives and provide technical leadership.
- Use a combination of manual and automated testing to ensure high quality releases.
- Help improve their software testing methodology by adopting new tools and best practices.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems as necessary.
- Create a continuous integration platform which runs 24/7.
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- 3+ years testing Web applications.
- 3+ years writing technical product documentation.
- Prior experience testing enterprise, cloud-based applications is a must!
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans and creating test cases.
- Strong experience in establishing good quality practices.
- 2+ years experience as a team lead.
- AWS cloud experience.
- Coding experience in Python, C++ or React.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Familiarity with networking concepts in a wired datacenter.
- Enjoys the challenge of breaking code, yet always has a recommendation for long term solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Is a self-starter with a can do attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
- Is detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Has a fun personality, interest in start-up environments, and the desire to be a part of the next big thing.
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Docker, Golang, Python, Terraform, C++, Consul, Vault, Vagrant, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, Splunk, Nagios, PagerDuty, React