Senior Software Engineer - Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh , PA
Posted 2 days ago
Headquartered in the Boston area, we are establishing a Pittsburgh office and are seeking Senior Software Engineers to be founding members of our local team. This is a great opportunity to work with a more established startup while making a huge impact on our core technology decisions. You'll work remotely with our Boston-based team while we spin up our Pittsburgh office.
What Will You Do?
- Developing reactive microservices written in Java to handle customer orders, control and coordinate robots, control various elements of the robotics system, and maintain metrics.
- Develop and code review modular and well-documented software.
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to detail software requirements.
What Are We Looking For?
- 5+ years' of experience in core Java development (Java 8 or above.)
- Experience developing reactive microservices or experience developing event-driven distributed systems using asynchronous actors and messaging.
- Experience with a messaging platform (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases and in-memory caches such as Redis or equivalent.
- Knowledge of robotics and/or automation a huge plus, but not required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area preferred.
Our work environment is challenging, fun, and rewarding. We seek to hire people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture. All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as they lead or support their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve their full potential and to contribute to the best of their ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team creates performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
What Do We Offer?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each market in which we are based.
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on their first day of employment, which includes:
- Significant stock options that vest over four years.
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition and work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits. To learn more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/careers.
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practices in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.