Senior Software Engineer Image Processing
Emeryville , CA 94608
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Software Engineer – Image Processing
Excellent Base Salary (based on experience & education) + Stock Options + Full Benefits + Relocation Package
All visa types considered
The software team works closely with the system engineering, biology and bioengineering teams to develop system capabilities that transform molecular biology workflows. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer requiring significant algorithm development experience for image analysis and processing and machine learning methods to manipulate living cells at a nanoscale level. Previous experience in Bio-Tech is not required.
- Apply expertise in software and machine learning to a wide range of data analysis problems.
- Partner closely with biologists and an interdisciplinary team of engineers to develop novel cell analysis and manipulation technologies.
- Develop highly scalable, production worthy classifiers leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models.
- Apply your software development skills and industry experience in Image Processing, Machine Vision, Artificial Intelligence, or Surface Inspection to novel Life Science platform.
- Participate in the system specification and review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software implementations.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software and validate it against the system specification.
- Gather requirements from internal and external end users to develop a cohesive user experience.
- Document requirements, test plans, and test results in compliance of company and regulatory Design Control requirements.
- Drive complex systems integration across multiple subsystems.
- Apply test driven development methods and test automation to support continuous integration and quality assurance on the code base.
- Participate and contribute to product development processes including code reviews, design reviews, sprint planning, and process improvement.
- MS degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years hands-on software engineering and data science experience (less years of experience will be considered for candidates with PhD.).
- Experience delivering production code to solve difficult problems using statistics, machine learning, or machine vision. Deep learning experience is highly desired.
- Experience with image and signal processing. Machine control or robotics experience is highly desired.
- Experience delivering highly successful and innovative products.
- Experience with any Object Oriented programming (Python, C#, Java or C++)
- Experience with Tensorflow a plus but not a must
- Willingness and ability to improvise. We provide many opportunities to work on areas outside of machine learning to help bring our revolutionary technology to market, including machine control, robotics, and software infrastructure.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working and delivering results in cross disciplinary teams.
- Experienced Sr. Software Engineer who loves coding and has demonstrated ability to mentor and lead peers and other software engineers in commercial code development.