Senior Software Engineer (Game Engine)
Ann Arbor , MI 48103
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
You have been challenged! Are you ready to conquer new worlds?
We're looking for a Senior Game Engine Engineer to help our client push their 20+ years in developing some of the worlds best RTS PC games to consoles. They are looking for an engineer that is ready to work on a proprietary C++ engine, multi-threading, optimization, networking, and graphics that constantly pushing Vulkan and Direct12X to the next level.
This role with be located in the beautiful Ann Arbor Area in Michigan.
What are some of the benefits of joining the team?
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Employer provided HSA contribution
- 401(k) plan w/ 4% employer match
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Frequent team building, events, and employee celebrations
- Treat Tuesdays
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Unlimited caffeine and hydration on every floor
- Building amenities workout room, private locker room, fully functional kitchen, outdoor patio seating, etc.
How would we describe the culture & team?
- Create, Work Hard & Enjoy Time Together
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a variety of teams
- Creative workspaces Doodle Room, VR demo space and ability to customize your workstation
- Be Yourself, Be Comfortable
- Casual atmosphere dress comfortable every day
- Dog friendly life is better when you can bring your dog to work!
- Flexible work schedules available to supplement core business hours
Okay, time to dive into some of the main responsibilities for this role:
- Port game engine code to multiple consoles and PC platforms.
- Architect, build and maintain core systems in modern C++ on multicore CPUs.
- Write technical documents describing core systems.
- Mentor and collaborate with other developers on a proprietary engine
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Art to develop requirements and implementation plans. Manage timelines and milestones to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Work closely with production and QA to address bugs.
What are the minimum qualifications for the position?
- 10+ years of experience in game development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
- Strong C++ background and ideally have experience with proprietary gaming engines
- Experience with modern graphics APIs and multicore programming.
- Expertise in several of the following: Optimization, networking, parallel and distributed systems, UI/UX, AI, physics, data management, graphics, gameplay, audio, HLSL/GLSL shaders, pipelines, terrain.
- Able to learn new technology quickly and execute on a schedule in a fast-paced cross-discipline team environment.
- Experienced with version control software (e.g. Perforce, SVN, etc.).
- Passion for games and game design.