Senior Software Engineer E-Commerce
Framingham , MA 01702
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position Title: Principal / Senior Software Engineer E-commerce
Location: Framingham, MA US
Senior Software Engineers E-commerce partner with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the E-commerce platform. This position focuses on the design, development, and support of on-line, customer facing, E-commerce business solutions.
Senior Software Engineers E-commerce creates and/or modify moderate to highly complex solutions that meet the expectations of stakeholders. They have a good knowledge of web application systems.
- Design, develop and support E-commerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out system changes
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet E-commerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead E-commerce product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Solid understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with XML and JSON technologies.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Proficiency in building reusable components and moduls