Senior Software Engineer
Bohemia Interactive Simulations
Pittsburgh , PA 15222
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
e are developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulations, virtual reality, and motion tracking).
Senior software engineer to work on data streaming and 3D rendering technologies. Will oversee complex software design, implementation, and release. Will report to the Director of Software engineering and relevant contract managers.
- Plan, design, and implement new product features
- Efficiently implement tasks given by manager
- Follow documentation and reporting standards
- Ability to work independently and aid/mentor junior engineers
- Analyze customer feedback and determine proper product solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Design and implementation of applications involving computational geometry, mesh modification, and/or model generation from sparse data
- Cloud processing and distributed data processing; experience creating containerized applications;
- Experience required designing/using REST APIs, Open Geospatial Consortium web services, and/or relational database development
- Experience with handling/processing geospatial data, and/or development experience with GDAL or other geospatial data libraries.
- Optimization of complex code structure to support very large dataset processing
- Source control and commercial debugging/optimization tools, as well as the ability to write engineering-level documentation
- Video and Game programming using one or more of the following SDKs: OpenGL, DirectX, WebGL, CUDA, GLSL, HLSL, Unity, VBS3, OpenSceneGraph
- Health & Vision insurance coverage
- Voluntary dental, life and disability insurance
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Qualified Retirement plan with a 3% company contribution
- Paid PTO (Personal Time Off) and holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
TerraSim, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.